Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I dont know about another pre-order, but for non-Finnish/Chinese customers who've already placed one here's some feedback:
https://twitter.com/andreagrandi/sta...23598031073280
I imagine they'll do another before they year's over, hopefully...

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-10-01 at 07:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Its like people just push random buttons on a order page without even bothering to read what they order. 0€ option was clearly marked as not receiving the extra other half.

Glad I don't work in sales.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
To Andrea's defence, he's no fool, people make mistakes, you/I do too, we're human.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
I make mistakes all the time. I even take responsibility for my mistakes. I'm also sure that he is no idiot. Plus I sort of thought that it wouild be ok to comment about it, since you posted it as somekind of example.

I was more commenting on it being feedback and the need for clarity. They listed what options included and even had pictures underneath the text showing what you get. Some people will generally just l whine, no matter what the clarity.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Hey, that's okay, no biggy, we're human.

Well, I think assumptions are being made regarding Andrea's inquiry.

I say that because I'm currently on Jolla Customer Care trying to get clarification on how I benefit from the 0€ option.

My question for Jolla is the same as Andrea's and it has nothing to do with the "other half". And that's whether I will have the opportunity to purchase the device in the initial distribution with the 0€ option as the paid pre-orders (who get some 'other half' bonus).

So far I'm only getting partial answers to my questions from Jolla Customer Care, but hope some clarity will be offered on the matter.

Jolla need not concern themselves about distribution too much. They just need to make the devices available. Those that want them will find a way of getting them. I think they can benefit from putting the devices in the hands of those who want them, so at this point I don't totally understand the restrictions that they're maintaining including witholding information at this late stage.

Another reason to let people know where they stand is so that they can plan whether they need to cough up 399€ in December or whenever payment is due. Or wait for further distribution, or buy something else...

The Following User Says Thank You to Kriek For This Useful Post:
Paying the 100EUD didn't get one further ahead in the queue than someone who did the 0$ pre-order, this has been outlined here, on the site, & in that tweet.
All it did was enable a partial pay-off of the phone, plus a limited edition OH. All this only applies to the launch countries...
When/if they decide to distribute to other countries, folks who did the 0$ pre-order* & who don't live in a launch country, will *supposedly* be 1st in the queue.

*if you weren't in a launch country you couldn't even place a 100EUD pre-order IIRC

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-10-01 at 13:47.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Paying the 100EUD didn't get one further ahead in the queue than someone who did the 0$ pre-order, this has been outlined here, on the site, & in that tweet.
All it did was enable a partial pay-off of the phone, plus a limited edition OH. All this only applies to the launch countries...
When/if they decide to distribute to other countries, folks who did the 0$ pre-order* & who don't live in a launch country, will *supposedly* be 1st in the queue.

*if you weren't in a launch country you couldn't even place a 100EUD pre-order IIRC
I agree there are a variety of sources for Jolla information, but as a consumer I'd expect the most important one to be the most explicit, and I can't say that Jolla made the 0€ option explicit in the pre-order. It had more of a vague "show your interest" slant to my recollection.

To me having an investment in the pre-order means something more, but I'm glad to now know that all pre-orders will be treated in sequence.

I guess it was a slight complication to allow 0€ pre-orders outside the launch countries. But it was a good way for Jolla to guage the market outside the EU...

Originally Posted by Kriek View Post
I agree there are a variety of sources for Jolla information, but as a consumer I'd expect the most important one to be the most explicit, and I can't say that Jolla made the 0€ option explicit in the pre-order. It had more of a vague "show your interest" slant to my recollection.

To me having an investment in the pre-order means something more, but I'm glad to now know that all pre-orders will be treated in sequence.

I guess it was a slight complication to allow 0€ pre-orders outside the launch countries. But it was a good way for Jolla to guage the market outside the EU...
Here's waybackmachine archive of the preorder page.

http://web.archive.org/web/201305211...n.jolla.com/en

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Here's waybackmachine archive of the preorder page.

http://web.archive.org/web/201305211...n.jolla.com/en
Jolla's website has been somewhat of a moving target, but thanks for the post. There is indeed a difference between the paid and 0€ options.

Tags
device, jolla, jolla phone, pre-order