Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I updated without any problems while eating lunch at I-Ching using their wifi. Besides the portrait in browser, not enough time to see anything new or changed- good or bad yet.

As far as portrait, Nokai said we would see it in the browser, so they kept to their word. They also mentioned more portrait adoption would take time. My guess is when they roll out picture MMS and other updates, we will see it then.

UPATE:

Everything tried seems faster and smoother. Scrolling apps and homepages are smoother and games seem to play smoother now too. Strike that- they ARE smoother and not "seems".

Just for this stuff alone- GREAT update

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-01-14 at 17:50. Reason: spell

Originally Posted by asidana View Post
ctr+shift+o
...and don't forget to close the hard keyboard afterwards.

The Following User Says Thank You to colnago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
Originally Posted by kaz911 View Post
Charging/battery reporting seems to be buggy now.

Started at 972ma. Charged to 1072ma and it stopped charging by it self. (Charge-Led stopped blinking and no charge indication on bar display)

Then I unplugged charger - and plugged it back in.

It showed full bars but 1072ma.

Now it is charging again - and within 2 min showing 1221ma current charge - last full 1072ma (and still charging)
looking at battery still moving like its charging but the light no longer blings and its supose too the setting is not changes for lights

it blinks when the phone is off strange when i pull a plug out a quick red blink comes up

Last edited by amorek13; 2010-01-14 at 17:46.

OTA update completed smoothly for me, as did the small one earlier this week. I notice smoother UI transitions, smoother browsing, phone and conversations apps open quicker and more smoothly (yes, I like all forms of the word "smooth"). Also, I noticed that you can hold "1" on the dial pad to check voicemail now (not sure if that was enabled this update or the last one, but I knew I couldn't do it before). I was probably going to sell my n900 if I couldn't do that after this update....j/k. As for the whole full portrait mode "issue", I'm in the boat with those who think it would be nice to have the portrait option in built-in apps other than phone/photos/web, but will not be disappointed if it never happens. I knew what I was buying before I clicked "Complete Order" .

Coming from a rock-solid-best-phone-I-ever-had E71, I am more than satisfied with my N900 so far, quirks and all.

Thanks for the update, Nokia!

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Anyone else missing File Manager after update? Luckilly ive got a shortcut on desktop but cannot find it in the aplications menu??

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
Anyone else missing File Manager after update? Luckilly ive got a shortcut on desktop but cannot find it in the aplications menu??
Still second page, slap in the middle of the top line.

As for feedback... I think overall I like it. Scrolling is definitely smoother, and the whole device feels smoother.

There are a few changes that will take a bit of getting used to (MicroB seems now to hold your zoom status from page to page, for example). But yes, It feels like an improvement.

I am installing it but its kinnda stuck on installation.. Its been 25 mins and the time is changing but the bar is stuck..Best solution please..Help required as i can not disconnect the device...

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
my lights stoped blinking completly

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by messus View Post
Eg. I cant answer an sms while driving a car with this unit (and do not tell me I should not type messages while driving, that is MY choice!)..
wow...
a criminal without any values or regard for others. i'm happy you're not staying.

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Mybad still there cheers kathy. could not see for looking

Tags
goodbye, sad sadavyk and messus