Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by Aisu View Post
Edit: and right now I'd just like to thank any higher power up there for Mer and Tear.
... ok, stupid question time. I know what Mer is... what's Tear?

Originally Posted by switchfiend View Post
I suspect I speak for a good many people (at least Americans it would seem) who don't have loads of extra space in their pockets, as...to put it delicately...we may have a bit too much junk in the proverbial trunk.

Depending on the pants, I can fit my N800 in them, but it's not with loads of room to spare, and even in my side pocket, I have to remember to take it out when I sit down, lest the extra tightness cause my pants to split like the Incredible Hulk.

I envy those of you who have such copious amounts of space in their pockets
Your post conjures up some interesting mental imagery

The Following User Says Thank You to spock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Washington, DC
Originally Posted by spock View Post
Your post conjures up some interesting mental imagery
I suppose "interesting" is better than "disturbing"

The Following User Says Thank You to switchfiend For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
"Whilst I have my phone in my other side pocket, and my wallet in a back pocket."

I would say as a rule that world travelers do not put their wallets in their back pockets. I was in Barcelona for a few months and had close brushes with pickpockets trying to get my wallet in my FRONT pocket.

In my recent two-week cruise, to London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Stockholm and Copenhagen, there were serious pickpocket warnings for each city.

So, after my Palm Centro and keys and walllet, I don't have room for a Nokia anything in my pants pockets.

I'm not sure about the press all "LOVING" it,

Boy Genius Report's article seems to question why they would bother making it: "Anyone excited for it or are we looking at another IT destined to be lost in a retail wasteland?"

NokiaExperts.com says that they like the idea of the tablets but haven't liked using them in the past due to the sluggishness of the processor; and asks if any of their readers actually use them.
Actually both of those are slants against the current tablets (with boy genius also assuming that this rumored device would still be a tablet you'd have to use in addition to your phone, which doesn't actually match the rumors) more so than the rumored device itself, which somewhat underlines Captn's point.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
... ok, stupid question time. I know what Mer is... what's Tear?
Please search! Tear is a webkit based browser for your tablet.

It is amazing.

I love my tablet again thanks to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Aisu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Further evidence that this is a Nokia-sanctioned leak to keep the community happy. This isn't talking about T-Mobile, it's talking about the growth in community at talk.maemo.org.
Huh?!? I don't get what you are saying? You think Nokia is speaking in code to maemo.org through this leak by using the acronym "TMO"?

The complete text from mobilecrunch is:
"This documents all specifically and repeatedly mention “TMO” launch targets. We’ve never seen this stand for anything besides T-Mobile in this context, and everything still makes perfect sense after swapping out every instance of “TMO” for “T-Mobile”. As such, we assume that is what they mean.

Target launch dates, as of the beginning of this year:

* T-Mobile International: July 2009
* T-Mobile USA: August/September 2009
* Middle East, Asia, South-East Asian Pacific: July 2009
* Europe: October 2009"

The Following User Says Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
But whatever it is/was/may be, it was kept much, much better hidden from the Nokia rank and file than Rover (RX-51) was.
Are you confirming that this leaked device does conform to what you knew about Rover/RX-51? Size, phone, storage, RAM, camera, etc.?

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
"Whilst I have my phone in my other side pocket, and my wallet in a back pocket."

I would say as a rule that world travelers do not put their wallets in their back pockets. I was in Barcelona for a few months and had close brushes with pickpockets trying to get my wallet in my FRONT pocket.

In my recent two-week cruise, to London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Stockholm and Copenhagen, there were serious pickpocket warnings for each city.

So, after my Palm Centro and keys and walllet, I don't have room for a Nokia anything in my pants pockets.
I can't say anyone has ever tried to pickpocket me... But the buttons on the pants I linked to earlier are very sturdy... and I would feel someone undoing the ones near my ***

If this leaked picture is actually of the tablet:

Then I really question the decision to shrink the display, as it looks like the current sized screen could still fit (based on the amount of space between the screen and the edge of the device).
Look closely at the keyboard, it doesn't match the layout of the mobilecrunch recreation. So at least one of them is bogus.

The Following User Says Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapointed by nokia, dpad, maemo phone, my tablet is crying, n900, nokia gets it wrong, openmoko, rover, rx-51, rx-71 needed, screen size, smartphone, t-mobile