Notices

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I find flight mode to be an important part of my tablet movie watching experience, too.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
I wonder, does flight mode completely stops the connection related processes, or do they still run in a quiet mode, sometimes doing things and sucking some CPU power ???

Originally Posted by qole View Post
I find flight mode to be an important part of my tablet movie watching experience, too.
Isn't flight mode the same thing as offline mode? When I use it it seems to still have 400 Mhz CPU usage.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Quick update:

Flight mode: yes

A-Data 8GB Class 6: seems ok

Still searching for the optimum settings, still stutters

...back to the drawing board...

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Isn't flight mode the same thing as offline mode? When I use it it seems to still have 400 Mhz CPU usage.
Flight mode is just a name for offline mode. Does not affect CPU speed, but as background applications cannot connect they tend to cause less problems/skips. Also, having wifi/bt off will improve playback battery life. You can only play with CPU speed if it's music playback, video is usually demanding enough to need the actual 400MHz.

As soon as i can, i'll try to test it with the same parameters than you.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I've got some videos that has subtitles and I was wondering if anyone could help me get this working correctly on my tablet.

It's an .avi file but after running it through the tablet converter, my n800 says that the video isn't supported.

Here's one of the episodes:
Hikaru no Go

Any chance someone could take a look at this for me?

Cheers!

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Most of my videos won't play in the Media Player. I use mplayer instead, it works great.

I am currently watching a ripped DVD using mplayer on my tablet... The ripped DVD is on my server... at home.

Running very well here...

Huh?
Can you tell more about this, seems interesting !

Tags
when will tim find me