Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
Now that FastSMS becomes more stable and had a qwerty I'm thinking about redesign it for being used as standard keyboard...If someone of you can help me on this...thank you
Do you think that you just can use it in portrait mode and the standard one as it is now? I use едц a lot and with your very nice qwerty I have too press more buttons, can be annoying in the future, or something! But in portrait mode it would be awesome.

Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by towhatend View Post
Do you think that you just can use it in portrait mode and the standard one as it is now? I use едц a lot and with your very nice qwerty I have too press more buttons, can be annoying in the future, or something! But in portrait mode it would be awesome.
You have to press only one key to have access to "едц", like in standard kb I think...Or do you have they in standard layout?

However no, sorry, but it is impossible to have a kb for landascape and another for portrait (in my knowledgement).

When it will be ready I will try to hear all users to improve layout.

Now sorry but we are going really OT so I have to ask to move here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=925143 for request and advice

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to realsportcars For This Useful Post:
Hi,

Is this thread still alive?
What's the status of a new portrait keyboard?
I know about fastsms evo, but I don't like the UI.
is it possible that ther's just a remake of the current portrait keyboard?
I mean something like Neboja posted at page 17

Thanks

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
+1 here...

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
+2 from me...

Originally Posted by Bramji View Post
Hi,

Is this thread still alive?
What's the status of a new portrait keyboard?
I know about fastsms evo, but I don't like the UI.
is it possible that ther's just a remake of the current portrait keyboard?
I mean something like Neboja posted at page 17

Thanks
Ur not serious??

SEARCH and READ!

If you have a look through the thread you will realise very quickly this project is dead. Nobody is maintaining it due to it being too time consuming..

Instead of clogging up the forum with repeat posts just have a search and read through the results.. Its really not that hard.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
if I had any knowlegde about the ui localization i would have already done it. but i did ask MPP if they could but the reply i got was they do not have enough resources to work for a mobile platform.
what i said earlier was. like if we could install the romanized package from MPP, then typing " K CHA" would convert that to nepali script automatically by changing the keyboard in settings.
like you can tell i have no idea about all these, but it was a pleasure to use auto nepali script when typing in english.
I wonder why would a Russian (am I really right?) wants Nepali Unicode in n900. Anyways we've got ukeyboard for that now. You can choose Nepali language in UKeyboard but its only on screen keyboard. Although its a bit hard to use onscreen keyboard for Nepali typing, it at least does the job.

Tags
hit and run, worthless