Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
User Location Network Firmware version Push
Javajix-Italy-Vodafone(128k sim)-1.2009.42-11
kende Finland Sonera 1.2009.42-11
famusc Italy H3G 1.2003.42.11 Yes(Ex/NM)
Haukka Finland Saunalahti 1.2009.42-11 No(Ex/NM)

It's been doing this right out of the box. And it happens in all kind of situations. Doesn't matter if it is connected to internet via wlan or 3G or not at all. Often it happens when I start to use it after it's been on the table without any apps running.

Today after a reboot device said that "error registering sim card" or something like that but it started working again after another reboot.

Placed a vote to ossipena's bug report.

I'm following the bug 6334 dealing with random reboots but I'm pretty worried because crash are really frequent and yesterday had also to reflash the device because one of the reboot failed and got stuck at dot loops

It is a pity that it's getting worse every day. Now it works ok about one hour after a pwr button reboot but when it starts happen again, device becomes pretty useless. It seems most of the reboots are happening when phone is going to sleep. Right when screen is fading to black it reboots.

Today I tried different sim card from my work phone (also different operator than my own) but it seems it doesn't help.

Its weird that its only Finland and Italy. A real bummer - sorry guys - I hope that Nokia get onto this ASAP.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Its not just Italy and Finland. I'm a UK user and have had it reboot twice on me since Wednesday. Not the end of the world, but not something I want to continue for very long.

Come on Nokia, sort it out!

The Following User Says Thank You to huntr77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
not sounding good...
i hope when i get my n900 there will already be some updates.

Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
I cannot reproduce reboot and it did not happen for three days now. Looks like mine is not affected

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
just had my 2nd random rdeboot in 7 days. Going to start keeping a log of these reboots. I wasn't doing anything interesting except browsing this website in MicroB.

T-mobile USA here. guess I should follow that bug report

Just noticed that I have only 632,3mb space left for installable applications and all I have installed now is Bounce. Is there happening something that I don't know in background? Could this affect somehow?

Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
So you really want to say, that it is all about luck whether or not you get a faulty device? o_O
Oh come on Nokia, this must be a joke..
This is even worse than 360's ring of death X_X
while reading this thread, the xbox ring of death is exactly what is going through my mind.. :s how did the uk watchdog tv programme fix them again ;s?

Tags
lack of quality control