Active Topics

Notices

I have transfered whole bunch of audio files using scp onto my sd and internal memory. They do not show up in the default media player. Is there a way to force scanning for specified folders?

I have tried kmplayer and I cannot chose a folder but rather a single file. Are there any gui's that allows us to add folders to playlist? How do folks transfer large files onto the phone memory/microsd?

I dont have this problem...I transfer with SCP around 300 mb Mp3 and all listed on my N900

Yes, they are present in the N900 but do they show up as albums when you open the media player? The OS appears to have a way of scanning and adding new audio files to its catalog.

For example, if I move files from my internal memory to microsd, they do not show in the audio catalog.

Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
I dont have this problem...I transfer with SCP around 300 mb Mp3 and all listed on my N900

No they listed on media player and show up as album ...very good working...

The Following User Says Thank You to Mazi For This Useful Post:
That's interesting. Probably need to check my settings. Is there a way to force the search for newly added audio files?

Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
No they listed on media player and show up as album ...very good working...

Originally Posted by flydeep View Post
I have transfered whole bunch of audio files using scp onto my sd and internal memory. They do not show up in the default media player. Is there a way to force scanning for specified folders?

I have tried kmplayer and I cannot chose a folder but rather a single file. Are there any gui's that allows us to add folders to playlist? How do folks transfer large files onto the phone memory/microsd?
Everyday at 5:00 AM, my DVR downloads about a dozen podcasts and scp them to the SD card on my n900. They add up to a few hundred megabytes each day. The DVR also creates the playlist by:
Code:
ls dirname/*.mp3 > dirname/playlistname.m3u
so the playlist gets copied with the mp3 files. The DVR uses the command:
Code:
scp -rp $datadir user@n900:podcasts
where pocasts is a symbolic link from my home directory to a directory on the SD card.

The custom playlist is usually available in the imported namelist listing in the media player almost immediately.

If you copy a lot of files to your n900, it may take a while for the tracker to index them all. Also, you should check that you are not putting the files someplace that the tracker does not index. (It checks almost everywhere.)

The Following User Says Thank You to j.s For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flydeep View Post
Is there a way to force the search for newly added audio files?
Yes! to refresh the media player tracker type in X Terminal:

tracker-processes --hard-reset
/etc/osso-af-init/tracker.sh start

It may take some time to refresh if you have a lot of files...

The Following User Says Thank You to bimbim For This Useful Post:
Great info, thanks folks! Let me try ........