Notices

Originally Posted by oilinki View Post
I wish to export recorded tracks automatically from Maemo-Mapper (2.4.1-os2008) and place the tracks on an web page so that I could see those later on with google-maps.

This is possible to do manually, saving tracks from the mapper application (Tracks -> Save) and then converting the gpx tracks with gpsbabel to kml.

But. I wish the device to do this automatically when I connect to my home network.

With sqlplus I can get the data out, but in the format that I do not recognize.

tracks$ echo "select * from track_path;" | sqlite3 -csv paths.db | head

What is this format and how to convert it to gpx or kml format. Or at least, is there an easy way to convert it to lat/lon/alt format? I would prefer to use gpsbabel for the conversion.

Thanks for your help.

An example of the manually exported track. This can be really helpfull when looking at the new places.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:/...sericenter.kml

Br, Pekka
Each row in the table contains three integers:
1. Point number (monotonically increasing counter, basically)
2. "unitx"
3. "unity"
4. Timestamp (seconds since epoch)
5. Altitude (in meters)

"unitx" and "unity" are Maemo Mapper's way of modeling latitude and longitude. Take a look at the unit2latlon macro in defines.h for the code that translates from unitx/unity to lat/lon.

I can't seem to et this to work in Diablo. Planned support in the future?

Support for what? If you're talking about Maemo Mapper itself, it should work fine in Diablo (works for me, anyway). What issues are you running into? Are you using the latest version of Maemo Mapper?

gnuite, I guess what pugboy means is that mapper is not available in the extras repository for diablo. do you have any plans to get it in there? that would simplify the installation.

Is there anyway I can easily remove duplicate POIs? I accidently downloaded duplicates and checking the duplicates and hitting delete takes forever. Also is there any way to add POIs easily? Any suggestions for places to download masses of POI. Or adding custom categories to download from Google?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by diverse_izzue View Post
gnuite, I guess what pugboy means is that mapper is not available in the extras repository for diablo. do you have any plans to get it in there? that would simplify the installation.
Ah yes. I guess I could add it to Diablo, although there would be nothing Diablo-specific about it. We ran into the same problems with the whole bora-chinook transition. A lot of packages had to be duplicated from bora to chinook because people didn't want to have the "old" repository in their application manager.

I can respect that, and I'll see if I can get a .deb in diablo soon. Thanks for the suggestion (and clarification).

Well I found an easy way to load stuff in using POI loader as well as some sites to get them (like POI-Factory). POI Loader can also see all the existing POI though it doesn't have a method for quickly identifying duplicates.

Still don't know how to get google to let me download other categories of POI though.

Though is there anyway to get color differences? Right now all my POI are purple.. so it's hard to distinguish say a resturant from a hotel.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post

Still don't know how to get google to let me download other categories of POI though.
I attached a small JAVA app that I have found useful in making my own POI's from Google searches. I changed the file extension to "zip" so I could attach it.

After downloading, change the "zip" extension back to "jar" and run it on a desktop machine that has the JAVA VM installed.

It is self explanatory. I found that if you limit the search radius to 2 or 300 miles, it captures just about everything. Edit the output in place and then save it how you like.

MyPOI

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Is there anyway to specify certain routes to take? For example, in Google Maps you can click and drag a route to change it. I ask because I take this route to go up to my gf's parents' house and I can either continue on the highway or take an alternative tunnel (bypassing traffic). I guess Google decides it's faster to go straight on the highway (I suppose it would if you had no traffic) but I want it to go thru this tunnel instead.

I've tried using gmap to gpx after changing the route using maps.google.com but importing the resulting .gpx file into maemo mapper just results in straight lines from waypoint to waypoint..

i have a question...

how do you enter, and in what format, gps co-ordinates?

i have some co-ordinates of spots, that i want to mark their location