Well I am using your's and I do have 9 desktops with faster scrolling, just no images.Not sure if there is another latest one.Could you point me please

hiii
i have downloaded hildon desktops 0.66 version.but i m getting stange error on terminal.plss help
Attached Images

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Genova (Italy)
Originally Posted by atulril View Post
hiii
i have downloaded hildon desktops 0.66 version.but i m getting stange error on terminal.plss help
You forgot some spaces:

gconftool-2[SPACE]-s[SPACE]/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/6/bg-image[SPACE]-t[SPACE]string[SPACE]/home/user/MyDocs/.images/beach.jpg

The correct command is:

gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/6/bg-image -t string /home/user/MyDocs/.images/beach.jpg

still nuthn is happening
Attached Images

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Genova (Italy)
Originally Posted by atulril View Post
still nuthn is happening
Try this:
  • convert your image in png format
  • put it in /home/user/.backgrounds/
  • rename it "background-x.png" where "x" is the desktop number
and tell me if it works.

If you want to convert the image on the N900, you can install imagemagick (as root, "apt-get install imagemagick") and the use the command "convert jpg_image.jpg png_image.png".

The Following User Says Thank You to MaddogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 532 | Thanked: 949 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Uk for 6months then Thailand
Or you could try this....

cd /home/user/MyDocs
for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ; do wget http://my.arava.co.il/~matan/770/n900/backgrounds/$i.png ; done
gconftool -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/active -t list --list-type int [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9]
for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ; do gconftool -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/$i/bg-image -t string /home/user/MyDocs/$i.png ; done

that will do it.

(Edit) Once you have done that reboot and all your screens will have no's 1-9... or how ever many you have set to use..
then find the wallpaper you want in your images open it up and then set as the background.. same way you would set the back ground before you had the extra screens..

Kind regards Qosmio

http://s1031.photobucket.com/albums/y372/q0smio/

N900 x 2 Overclocked at 900 Mhz.
Samsung Galaxy S 2
iPhone 4 (Jailbroken)

The Following User Says Thank You to qosmio For This Useful Post:
thanks a lot guyz,nw its working....
but 1 more thng how to get vertical desktops....????

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I had modified-hildon-desktp latest (from the repo) when I updated ota to pr1.3. Now I don't have the modified functionality (no more 6 screens, arrow keys dead, menu shortcuts too) but app manager shows the package. However I can't uninstall. I cant reeinstall with apt-get either (package cannot be downloaded)
Any Ideas?
________
Laguna Bay II Condominium Prathumnak

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:43.

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I had modified-hildon-desktp latest (from the repo) when I updated ota to pr1.3. Now I don't have the modified functionality (no more 6 screens, arrow keys dead, menu shortcuts too) but app manager shows the package. However I can't uninstall. I cant reeinstall with apt-get either (package cannot be downloaded)
Any Ideas?
same problem here, i update and i lose my 9 desktops, im trying to get it again but no way to do it
i will be very glad is somebody can give a little help here

There is an updated modified-hildon-desktop package (version 3.2) in my repository. Make sure my repository is enabled, and try running (as root)

apt-get update
apt-get install modified-hildon-desktop

(and post the output if it does not work).

Note that you also need to install an enhanced hildon-home package for more than 4 views. See here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=64336

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post: