Notices

Thanks for placing the Diablo version in Extras!

I downloaded the 1.0 and it seems to run fine on myh N810.

Any idea if Broken Sword 2.5 will be able to run on it?

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Thanks for placing the Diablo version in Extras!
It is not there yet but source is uploaded and building.
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Any idea if Broken Sword 2.5 will be able to run on it?
No, it won't work.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
It is not there yet but source is uploaded and building.

No, it won't work.
Bummer. Well, I'll try getting BS 1 and 2 running through Scumm again. Tried some time ago but got lost in cutscene-files, audio-files and data-files in separate downloads. I wish there was one install/download per game.

Wow, didn't know that Discworld was run on the SCUMM engine. I guess I need to dust off my CD of it...

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Will ScummVM be put into the fremantle repository? I tried installing in X-terminal but couldn't get it working so uninstalled it.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Will ScummVM be put into the fremantle repository?
Yes once I have missing N900 HW keys mapped.

i need few days, current code is quite messy and scattered over more places and mapping ctrl+something to another key without ctrl is not trivial (i.e. faking that ctrl or other modifier is not pressed).
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
I tried installing in X-terminal but couldn't get it working so uninstalled it.
The one in Diablo repository won't work, get the one from ScummVM site or from here, it has most libraries statically linked (libmad, tremor, FLAC) so there are less dependencies. However there is no escape key, menu key and right mouse click so some games are hard to play.

See also http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=33126

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Yes once I have missing N900 HW keys mapped.

i need few days, current code is quite messy and scattered over more places and mapping ctrl+something to another key without ctrl is not trivial (i.e. faking that ctrl or other modifier is not pressed).

The one in Diablo repository won't work, get the one from ScummVM site or from here, it has most libraries statically linked (libmad, tremor, FLAC) so there are less dependencies. However there is no escape key, menu key and right mouse click so some games are hard to play.

See also http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=33126
Thanks, I'll try that.
I'm off on holiday early Saturday morning, and hoping to re-visit Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones, Sam & Max, Monkey Island etc

I'm using dpkg -i *.deb to install the deb file (where * is file name) but I don;t know where it installs. I'm new to this
Thanks for all the help!

I've managed to get ScummVM working from your link - thanks!
Any ideas how I can navigate to .documents? It appears hidden and not coming up in the ScummVM load game dialogue box. I've put the freeware Beneath A Steel Sky in there (I actually own the CD anyway) but cannot point to it.

I wonder if Gabriel Knight will be emulated as well ? I have the original CDs of those somewhere too.

any plans for Grim Fandango to run on scummvm?

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by REMFwhoopitydo View Post
any plans for Grim Fandango to run on scummvm?
I'd say not: "Grim Fandango was the first LucasArts adventure game to not use the SCUMM scripting language." (ScummVM wiki)

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following User Says Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:

Tags
scummvm discworld