Notices

Hi.. noob question. If I downloaded google maps to my PC...Would this give me the ability to view them without a web connection? Or is a different app I am looking for?

Thanks

The files provided here wouldn't give you the ability to view them without a web connection. Your probably best off waiting for MaemoMapper, that allows you to download and save the tiles.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
The files provided here wouldn't give you the ability to view them without a web connection. Your probably best off waiting for MaemoMapper, that allows you to download and save the tiles.
MaemoMapper does allow to download and save the tiles (2.6.2 and earlier + saved as sql database)

I need your help about Geolocation in maeMaps.
I need to replace Geolocation code by injected gps data.

Need a hint on places, long/lat data can replace geolocation data by Geolocation.

The icons on the web page (maeMaps) were located messy in my N900. "V" and "S" are on top of eachothers on the top right.
Was rather difficult to use.

It says "use local search in the bottom left to search for Pizza, Banks...." Where is that? Local search as Ctrl+F ?

How to search for a route from place A to B ?

Also http://www.google.com/maps/m although is working pretty OK, does not seem to have zoom-in and zoom-out?
Does anyone know how to zoom in that?

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Also http://www.google.com/maps/m although is working pretty OK, does not seem to have zoom-in and zoom-out?
Does anyone know how to zoom in that?
Swipe finger from the left of the screen (outside of screen), towards right (into the screen) to use the pointer.

I've started work on yet another wrapper for Google Maps Mobile for the N900. I'm trying to build an interface that enables keyboard shortcuts for zoom.
URL: http://www.hostdev.nl/n900/gmaps_n900.html
S: Zoom in
F: Zoom out
L: Toggle Google Latitude friends

It works on a desktop browser, but I can't get it to work on the Maemo browser. The keyboard events do fire (I've tested it with some debugging; see line 11 which is commented at the moment). But the zooming doesn't actually work. Seems like the switch statement doesn't work or something.

Could anybody please test/debug/help me with this?
Thanks!

Hmm.. guess I got it working after all. Zoom and friend toogle now works. Gonna check if I can get the arrow keys to move around the map.

Is there any way to click on icons on the map?

For example at location "52.03463, -0.75172" there bus stop details available on the standard google maps, clicking the icon give the next service from that stop.

I have tried it on N900 and on pc firefox with no success.

Tags
google maps, microb, n900