The first set of Canola2 Beta bug fixes are coming out early next week. Expect the following fixes and enhancements:    Compilation or SoundTrack albums being replicated N times     Cover Art support     Cover Art selection     Podcast downloading / playblack and remembering state     MP4 not playing when mplayer installed     Some Pictures not appearing at all in the application     Support for WMA and WMV filesA major update is scheduled to be released on February, finally adding more video, music, and podcast support. As always, feedback on the update as well as suggestions for additional features can be made through itT's Canola forum. Read the full details of the upcoming update.
Read the full article.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
It is a little bit "dangerous" the update text but I will clarify :

a) it's a major bug fix update. We are working now non stoping on the new features and missing ones for the february update.

b) Cover art and etc.. still on the third party available Canola-tuning, but there's update there to allow embedded album art, cover.jpg on folder and after that... in canola you can actually choose between the multiple downloaded album that canola-tuning gets.

our plan in the future is to include the last missing thing that is picking from a file, so you will be able to update the album art from a file on your device, if download didn't worked out.

Playblack and scanning : a lot of improvements, and you can actually check it out in the garage (as the scanner is fully open source) and has even ruby bindings now =)

Br

Marcelo

FLAC support. I remember you mentioned it is rather easy but don't see this in ChangeLog.

Now, or have I wait longer? TIA

m.

Still not able to get Canola2 running on n770 runnins os2007HE, not sure if this is known.intended.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Denvar: we have in the website that 770 still not supported, but I already said in other threads : we are already testing it, if all the tests go right we will be more than glad to release it next week, finally.

=)

Vvaz: yes, it's not the matter of difficult or not, is more about the time x request. not that we don't care about your request, but FLAC was bellow ogg, and wma and so on. Also we were creating the correct support to TAG ogg files, and I think this will make it easier to support it in the other update.

Also there's already people hacking the scanner (note: the FLAC or other files support depends only on the scanner ) and Maybe it can come faster than ours =)

But hey : this is not the only things in the changelog, actually the posted one (most) are under development things.

BR

Marcelo

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by handful View Post
we have in the website that 770 still not supported, but I already said in other threads : we are already testing it, if all the tests go right we will be more than glad to release it next week, finally.
In an attempt to gain clarification on the pending situation with Canola2 beta running on the Nokia 770; are the team indicating that there will be an official Canola version available for both OS2006 & OS2007HE on the Nokia 770.

If so where do the Canola team stand with advising users on OS to run on their Nokia 770. I appreciate that this is an emotive subject as users happy with a particular OS on their Nokia 770's will probably want to stick with it! (I for example prefer to run OS2006 as I find it more stable on my Nokia 770 than OS2007HE)

I appreciate that to date the Canola team have indicated that there would only be official support for Canola on official versions of OS?