Hi guys just wanna ask about this for a long time. Is there any way we could configure n900 to not shutdown its screen when idle? I know it is for powersaving reasons but can it be like other mobile devices where only backlight shuts off but screen display remains visible? Well I find it pretty annoying to unlock the screen just to see if there are incoming messages or to see current time. Also I don't see the reason of putting the slide to unlock feature when you can't even slide to unlock it without first pressing the power button once.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
There's an app for that!

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...htness-applet/

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Hi jedi thanks! Yes I haven't tried that before because I have read it some months ago that it keeps the backlight on(stated on description)? Well I wanted the other way around. Backlight is off but display is on. Does it support that feature also?

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Hi jedi thanks! Yes I haven't tried that before because I have read it some months ago that it keeps the backlight on(stated on description)? Well I wanted the other way around. Backlight is off but display is on. Does it support that feature also?
Ah - as far as I can see, you can't control the backlight with this app.

You can optionally keep the screen on. I find it handy when I'm reading guitar tabs and temporarily want to keep the display from auto-switching off.