Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
How difficult would it be to have a daemon or plugin for media player which watches for skipped frames and when detected overclocks the DSP as required?
I currently use CPUtweak as a a CPU/DSP GUI when watching higher compression ~720p vids, even if it were in the system notification widgets area CPUtweak would be fast enough to do by hand but it is just a regular app. Maybe I have mised a better DSP overclocking app but I would like to bypass having to manually adjust the speed entirely and have it done automagically.
just use dsp profile, DSP is clocked on demand (the higher the load is, the higher DSP is clocked). kernel-config profiles define the upper DSP frequency limit per CPU frequency, not the frequency DSP runs at.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Pune, India
Hi all,

I have always wanted to try this but have didn't as I feared it would brick the device, so finally now I have started experimenting with risky things as I bought another cellphone.

I have read for like 30 pages, even searched the thread, and haven't found the problem I am facing, so here it is.

The problem I am facing is the 2nd step, installing the "omap3-dsp*" packages.

Code:
Nokia-N900:/home/user/MyDocs# dpkg -i omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb
(Reading database ... 28901 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti (from omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb (--install):
trying to overwrite `/lib/dsp/baseimage.dof', which is also in package omap3430-dsp-baseimage-ti
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb
I get the same error for with "-libraries-", not for the codec.

I used "force" command, but the same problem, even googled for the solution, which further said that I would have to remove certain packages in-order to install the said packages.

And here I am confused as to what should I do? Any help?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by cooldubai View Post
Hi all,

I have always wanted to try this but have didn't as I feared it would brick the device, so finally now I have started experimenting with risky things as I bought another cellphone.

I have read for like 30 pages, even searched the thread, and haven't found the problem I am facing, so here it is.

The problem I am facing is the 2nd step, installing the "omap3-dsp*" packages.

Code:
Nokia-N900:/home/user/MyDocs# dpkg -i omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb
(Reading database ... 28901 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti (from omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb (--install):
trying to overwrite `/lib/dsp/baseimage.dof', which is also in package omap3430-dsp-baseimage-ti
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb
I get the same error for with "-libraries-", not for the codec.

I used "force" command, but the same problem, even googled for the solution, which further said that I would have to remove certain packages in-order to install the said packages.

And here I am confused as to what should I do? Any help?
You should download and install the packages attached to the first post of this thread. And follow the instructions in that post

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Pune, India
@freemangordon Thanks for a quick reply,

The first step was to have WGET and Kernel-power, I installed WGET, KP52 and cssu-stable.

I did follow all the instruction once, but then I ignored the errors, thinking I had installed it but then i failed, then I restored my device to old playback settting and attempting allover again.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Serbia
I have to ask am i the only one who has running dots, when playing videos, even with libgstdsp moved to his place? Only cure is reboot. Is that normal?
Thanks in advance...

Rock>, that is not normal.

The Following User Says Thank You to FlashInTheNight86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Serbia
Second solution for my issue is to overwrite libgstdsp every time before opening videos, which is much better solution than rebooting.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rock> For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 342 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Rock> View Post
I have to ask am i the only one who has running dots, when playing videos, even with libgstdsp moved to his place? Only cure is reboot. Is that normal?
Thanks in advance...
I have the same problem.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Rock> View Post
I recall FMG (the 720p dev) writing that the dsp could become unstable after a while and need a reboot to reset. So, if the dots appear after a while (i.e. a few videos viewed) I would consider that normal. If it happens after playing just one video that would be abnormal.

Interesting what you write about overwriting the library.....

Hi everyone,
This is my first post here and I'm stuck with a problem.
I've just searched the whole maemo.org to find a solution to it, but I can't find a complete one.

I'm trying to get installed on the same phone a CSSU-thumbs, with NITdroid 2.3.7 and be able to record and watch 720p content with the instructions of this thread, but I'm not able to get it.
No matter how I do it, the final result is always the phone in a reboot loop after doing the 720p steps.

If I install CSSU-thumb and then 720p, this works fine and the phone works normally, but if then I install NITdroid, the booting loop after the Multiboot screen happens.

If I install CSSU-thumb and then NITdroid, this also works fine, but then if I do the 720p thing, again the reboot loop.

If I replace Multiboot with U-Boot from Pali, the result is the same, so in this point I'm completely lost, or only able to have 720p with CSSU-thumbs, or NITdroid with CSSU-thumbs, but not all of them.

I'm desesperated and any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player