Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Anyone else having trouble uploading tracks from N900 eCoach to HeiaHeia? For a few days now the upload has not worked, it doesnt display an error or anything but the entry just never appears to heiaheia.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Detroit, MI
Originally Posted by Kegetys View Post
Anyone else having trouble uploading tracks from N900 eCoach to HeiaHeia? For a few days now the upload has not worked, it doesnt display an error or anything but the entry just never appears to heiaheia.
Yes, I had exactly the same problem. Tried to reset connect to heiaheia and reauth it. Got the "invalid token" page and that's it. I guess, auth has been updated on heia and never on eCoach.
Since MeeGo is nogo anymore, maybe maintainer will return to still alive and kicking Maemo?

The Following User Says Thank You to arcticrobot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ campinas, brazil
Originally Posted by arcticrobot View Post
Yes, I had exactly the same problem. Tried to reset connect to heiaheia and reauth it. Got the "invalid token" page and that's it. I guess, auth has been updated on heia and never on eCoach.
Since MeeGo is nogo anymore, maybe maintainer will return to still alive and kicking Maemo?
I'm having the same problem. And I agree that "Since MeeGo is nogo anymore, maybe maintainer will return to still alive and kicking Maemo?"

Maybe modRana's developer would be interested to bring the few missing things to modRana. He is very productive developer, I've noticed from the start. (Maybe because Python is so productive.)

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Detroit, MI
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Maybe modRana's developer would be interested to bring the few missing things to modRana. He is very productive developer, I've noticed from the start. (Maybe because Python is so productive.)
You mean, modRana can act as a sports gps logger? If so, maybe we should voice our concerns there? Being MTB-addict I really need some good sports gps logger to track progress. I don't really need the upload feature that much. Just need some good actively developed application to use and adore. I would love to join the development, but I barely scratched python programming and can't be of any use.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Strasbourg, France
This statement doesn't make any sense. There is Maemo Fremantle with one device out (N900) and MeeGo Harmattan with one device as well (N9). The latter has just been released and we can expect Nokia to support it at least for a while, but both are in a dead-end when it comes to Nokia. Both have to rely on community now. MeeGo is neither more nor less dead than Maemo.

However, both share common grounds and apps developped for Harmattan should be able to run quite easily on Fremantle. Therefore, we can hope that sampa does his best to support both platforms.

You mean, modRana can act as a sports gps logger? If so, maybe we should voice our concerns there? Being MTB-addict I really need some good sports gps logger to track progress. I don't really need the upload feature that much. Just need some good actively developed application to use and adore. I would love to join the development, but I barely scratched python programming and can't be of any use.
Well it is missing a support for heart-rate monitor (HxM) and an activity log database viewer with a diagram. But the most difficult part of map viewing, map caching, gps tracking, track recording and so on are already (IMO very well) maid.

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
If it's any help, I am a first time user of HeiaHeia, and was able to upload my tracks to HeiaHeia today without any problem. I access my HeiaHeia account via a Facebook login, which may make a difference, I'm not sure.

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Corfe Castle, Dorset, UK
I wonder how large the user base for this type of application on Maemo5 and Meego/Harmattan is.

The reason I ask/wonder is that imho, the best app of this class is MotionX-GPS on the iPhone. I don't use iOS devices (only because I detest iTunes) but my riding buddy uses MotionX-GPS and it is a superb application.

eCoach, FuelPad and the RSS feeder are the most used apps on my n900, so perhaps I'm not a typical user, but I feel that this device could really use a top notch sportstracker app.

I am considering getting an N9 (if I can find one in the UK) just so I can use the new version of eCoach, hoping that the developer will continue to add new features to the Meego/Harmattan version.

I would like auto pause and the ability to select metric or imperial units for each different type of logged data (like I can in FuelPad). I like altitude in M and distance in Miles (but that's just cos I'm a Brit and we do things weirdly here :P)

Just my thoughts on this otherwise excellent app...

Hugh

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by HughF_UK View Post
I wonder how large the user base for this type of application on Maemo5 and Meego/Harmattan is.

The reason I ask/wonder is that imho, the best app of this class is MotionX-GPS on the iPhone. I don't use iOS devices (only because I detest iTunes) but my riding buddy uses MotionX-GPS and it is a superb application.

eCoach, FuelPad and the RSS feeder are the most used apps on my n900, so perhaps I'm not a typical user, but I feel that this device could really use a top notch sportstracker app.

I am considering getting an N9 (if I can find one in the UK) just so I can use the new version of eCoach, hoping that the developer will continue to add new features to the Meego/Harmattan version.

I would like auto pause and the ability to select metric or imperial units for each different type of logged data (like I can in FuelPad). I like altitude in M and distance in Miles (but that's just cos I'm a Brit and we do things weirdly here :P)

Just my thoughts on this otherwise excellent app...

Hugh
eCoach is already on there and Sports tracker is coming soon for N9. So try to find N9 from somewhere. I will continue to use eCoach on N900 and save 3 euros ST for N9.