Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Yeah, there are a lot of curmudgeonly folks on this board. You just kind of have to work around them.

<rant mode>I think the thing that drives me up the wall most of all is when someone replies "Use the search feature to find forum threads on your topic". GAAAH! If someone is taking the time to post on TMO (especially someone who has come here for the first time), it's because they want to talk to a human being. Otherwise, they'd have gone to Google instead. What's the point of even having a forum board if you immediately turn away everyone who arrives here?</rant mode>
Cop, i swear i just wrote the same post With exakly the same words and sentences. Maybe a bit more sarcastic but ...yeah exactly the same.

Luckly there are many very helpfully people here that impress me with their knowledge, helpfulness and awesomeness on a daily basis.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-08-16 at 21:55.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Vicenza, Italy
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Corp, i swear i just wrote the same post With exakly the same words and sentences. Maybe a bit more sarcastic but ...yeah exactly the same.

Luckly there are many very helpfully people here that impress me with their knowledge, helpfulness and awesomeness on a daily basis.
I hope to find someone of them, I'd like to know better my n900.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
My n900 is a Frankenstein's monster of cobbled-together spare parts. None of my boards have working micro-usb, so I just keep a bunch of extra batteries and use an external charger. Unfortunately, without the ability to relfash, I'm must less experimental with it than I used to be.

And just this morning, my slider mechanism started jamming up.
Thankfully, I've got a few more in the scrap pile.

I will give up my N900 when you pry it from my cold, dead hands, or when I get a Neo900, whichever comes first.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2014 @ Melbourne
My N900 used as a work phone, mostly to do simple things like sms, calls and email. I do like to experiment with the device however.

I can see myself using the N900 for years to come.

Since there's no real alternative I am still rock'n'rollin' with my N900 CSSU Thumb2 as the main one.

Same here,N900 it's my main phone from december 2009,and it will be a long time.
Cheers!

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Vicenza, Italy
Well, can I ask to you all veterans something about n900? Obviously not here, I don't know if there is a thread for noobs like me.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Earth
yeahhhhh me to....still my main phone...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 411 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ southern Italy
Since Feb'2010, my N900 (currently with "broken USB", a spare battery and an external charger) is still my main phone.

Screen, stylus and keyboard were salvaged from my previous N900 (definitely dead).

When the USB connector broke, I stopped experimenting with kernels.

I was considering some other phone, but my N900 still does a number of things that no other phone does.
LTE, megapixels, inches, eyetracking... yawn! I would gladly buy another N900 now if I could get a brand new one.

The Following User Says Thank You to alfmar For This Useful Post:
N900 is my only phone since mid-2010. With all the apps, updates and Yappari, there is no need to get anything new. Moreover, with Opera as the browser, I can set bookmarks that works as "apps". The sliding keyboard is still the best for messaging. Lastly, the Maemo Community is fantastic in providing updates through CSSU and my phone is working better now than when I bought it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frasier For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900