Notices

http://gitorious.org/owncloud/sync-qt

says it is already setup as a qtcreator project, maybe someone can make it work.

Don't necessarily want for owncloud, but generic webdav syncing

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:
I wouldn't mind getting it working, but I haven't even installed the server yet. Have you tried to compile this client? It looks like its QWidgets, but it's a start. I did notice the owncloud guys are doing a track at the Tizen conference.

The Following User Says Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
I wouldn't mind getting it working, but I haven't even installed the server yet. Have you tried to compile this client? It looks like its QWidgets, but it's a start. I did notice the owncloud guys are doing a track at the Tizen conference.
no, i haven't. Honestly, i don't care about the gui so much but was examining the QWebDAV class for a bit today. Looks pretty good. If i get some time this summer, might try at something simple to sync a local directory with a webdav directory.

I'm interested too. I'm quite new to Owncloud (I got my account yesterday), but I already have the whole buildchain Qt Creator -> N900 installed on my PC.
So I may be able to help -- if not to code, at least to test.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tofe For This Useful Post:
Ok, well, it seems it would require a bit of a UI rework to make it fit a N900 screen resolution. Not unfeasible, though: it's a quite classic Qt application. The only point I don't really know is about the systray.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I would pay for a sync-client. I wish I could do software...

Ok, here are some news:
1. I got it to compile for the N900, and
2. I got it running on my N900
3. I modified the UI slightly, to make it fit the N900 screen. It is still a bit tiny, but it seems usable
4. It doesn't seem to synchronize the folders recursively. I don't know if it is a bug or a feature ?...

If you want to try, I have attached the .deb package made by QtCreator. I'll try to take some screenshots, too.
To start the program, launch it from terminal with this command:
/opt/owncloud_sync/bin/owncloud_sync_qt

But be aware that the program doesn't close by itself, as it thinks there is a systray. So you'll have to kill it by hand, using htop for example.

It is a very early package ! It doesn't do awful stuff, but it may crash.
Attached Files
File Type: deb owncloud-sync_0_0_1_armel.deb (209.4 KB, 185 views)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tofe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
wow , great made . i just had a deep look at the '' your data your way '' . its great to have sucha thing on N900 . i hope some one cares to improve it with the time . i probably i am gonna wait till it hit the repos . thanks though .

I'll have to push my modifications on a git repository, somewhere. Garage may be a good option.

Oh, and here are the complementary screenshots.
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tofe For This Useful Post:
The rest of the screenshots:
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tofe For This Useful Post: