Notices

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
My wife has a Lumia, and I have had no issues with receiving SMSs that contain emoticons and the like from her.
I'll make a quick guess now...
Your wife's lumia is WP7-something, not WP8 version, right?

I just tested this, in WP7 lumias you cannot create the extended-type smilies that WP8 can send. (there are no menus in SMS editor for them)

However, you CAN receive such SMS correctly in WP7 if sent from WP8 device. It will even display the smiley altough it is not displayed correctly.

Moreover, now that you have received such message in a WP7 device, you can furthe resend it, and guess what, if you forward it to N9 it will not show up at all, just like I thought it wouldn't. Only indication I ever got a message is the entry in syslog.

When you send that kind of SMS to an older Symbian device, it will receive the message and part ot fhe message containing normal characters will show up correctly, only the smiley characters are dispalyed as "squary non-characters"

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Only we missed is colour emoji in notifications

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
Only we missed is colour emoji in notifications
So, can you receive the special emoticons from WP8 phones correctly?

I cant test. No wp phone and i hate wp
Lol

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
I cant test. No wp phone and i hate wp
Lol
Yes, I agree... However, I do feel this is a fairly important bug if:

1.) If the bug is real, and not just some failure in my device
2.) If it is something that is NOT self-correctable, with for example "Emoji for Harmattan"

That is why I'd like to know if other people have this bug, and if it indeed is correctable.
Unfortunately I cannot contact the OP, he is not receiving his email and has not visited the forum the last 3 months...

Yes
He seem not, he using wp now

Just contacted the author by whatsapp, he said if someone willing want to develop, he will open source for him

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I'll make a quick guess now...
Your wife's lumia is WP7-something, not WP8 version, right?
Unfortunately, for your sake, it is a WP8 device. She actually had the Lumia 810 and now has the 925, which are both WP8, and their was no problem with either.

I wish I could help instead of just shooting down theories. My Mom has a WP8 Lumia also, but she isn't one for smileys. However, the next time I speak with her I will ask her to help test.

The Following User Says Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
Unfortunately, for your sake, it is a WP8 device. She actually had the Lumia 810 and now has the 925, which are both WP8, and their was no problem with either.

I wish I could help instead of just shooting down theories. My Mom has a WP8 Lumia also, but she isn't one for smileys. However, the next time I speak with her I will ask her to help test.
Hmm okay, then I just have to try to reproduce this with another N9.
It seems it's just my device that is having this problem...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 233 | Thanked: 491 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sydney
AHOY!

Sorry for my absence from TMO - between my studies and various other endeavours, I have had time away from this amazing community.

I am back though, and as of Nov 22, I am off Uni for 3 months. This means I will not only FINISH Harmoji with full iOS6/7 Support, and FIX the ability to send Emoji in SMS, but I will try to fix the bug that sees SMS containing emoji not received by the N9. It will take a lot of work, and I don't guarantee that I can solve every issue, but I WILL try to do the best that I can.

Once I get everything done and set up, I will also fully open source it, as well as support any efforts made by another to extend my work.

-Michael

Hit thanks if I have helped in some way, or you agree with me

Twitter
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Battery Widget
#OperationUnicorn
Harmoji - Emoji for Harmattan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N9 [Black] - Sailfish OS (1.x.x.xx)
N9 [White] - PR 1.3 [Stock]
N950 - Sailfish OS
Z10 LE - 10.2.1.1055