Active Topics

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Not much of an app, but if you have Pidgin installed and never heard of this before, you're missing out.

http://maemo.jabber.dk/

Makes it so the LED flashes when receiving a new text message.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Not much of an app, but if you have Pidgin installed and never heard of this before, you're missing out.

http://maemo.jabber.dk/

Makes it so the LED flashes when receiving a new text message.
I wish this would also work for DC and/or ToR
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
2) DragLock
One of the most frustrating things on the OS2008 was the lack of being able to keep the widgets in place by locking them down.
This simple little app fixes that and gives you a 'lock' and 'unlock' option for your desktop widgets.

Easy instructions on how to install DragLock here

Note: There is a bug-fix/patch for this, I believe, in a future SSU update but for now this is still the solution for me.
I've been waiting a long time for this, and I didn't even know it!

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
I've been waiting a long time for this, and I didn't even know it!
Happy that you found something of use
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
Just a little shoot out for say some state i experienced...

When you use x11vnc server on your tablet for control and see your tablet on your desktop, you ave some issue when you try click on some area on the desktop...

Yes in fact, in x11vnc server, whit default installation....you got a lot of issue...

in fact this 3 files you need to install for drag lock here

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2639

this 3 files fix this x11vnc in the same time...

i dont know why...but after i installed this 3 files for drag lock option first, i realise my x11vnc its completely worked now...so if you have an issue whit you x11vnc...try to install this 3 files woot
French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

The Following User Says Thank You to LABAUDIO For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LABAUDIO View Post
i dont know why...but after i installed this 3 files for drag lock option first, i realise my x11vnc its completely worked now...
Sounds like the packages you installed also include the patches from bug 4225.

Also, if you get tired of websites bogged down by Flash, you can use the link in my sig to get URLs to more mobile-friendly sites. Or you can use Opera Mobile, which currently doesn't support Flash.

Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
Also, if you get tired of websites bogged down by Flash, you can use the link in my sig to get URLs to more mobile-friendly sites. Or you can use Opera Mobile, which currently doesn't support Flash.
Or you can use flashblocker on microb ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I never quite understood why people want to use Flashblock. You can shut off the Shockwave Flash component via the browser.

Tools > Components > Shockwave Flash > Details > (uncheck) Enable Component

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I never quite understood why people want to use Flashblock. You can shut off the Shockwave Flash component via the browser.

Tools > Components > Shockwave Flash > Details > (uncheck) Enable Component
Because with Flashblock you leave the Flash component ON (and all flash is by default now "enabled but blocked").

When you come to a page where you DO want to see a particular flash you just click on the flash logo:

and Flashblock will allow that one flash to load and show.
I love it.

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-05-14 at 20:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:

Tags
diablo, os2008