Notices

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by BlazingBird View Post
Yes.. I am currently using the Humanity theme with the icons pack. Should i replace the icons with the default one from the theme manager? Or is there a way i can use hi res icons with the Humanity ones.
The problem is not the design of the icons. Yappari provides a 16x16 icon for the status area. If you create another icon, still providing a 16x16 alternative, the problems will probably persist.

I guess that the packages of the Humanity theme/humanity icons need fixing. It should be certainly done in the packaging of these apps. But I'm not into theming, so I don't know how to do it.

But if you compare the built-in hicolor theme package with the humanity-icons package you may find the cause.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Dubai, U.A.E.
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
The problem is not the design of the icons. Yappari provides a 16x16 icon for the status area. If you create another icon, still providing a 16x16 alternative, the problems will probably persist.

I guess that the packages of the Humanity theme/humanity icons need fixing. It should be certainly done in the packaging of these apps. But I'm not into theming, so I don't know how to do it.

But if you compare the built-in hicolor theme package with the humanity-icons package you may find the cause.
You are right.. When i changed the theme to hi res the icon was clear enough. But when changed to humanity pack the icon was a low res. So its the problem with humanity pack and not the icon itself. But as Ceene mentioned that he is open for suggestion for UI changes and now we see that Yappari is getting active than before then why not make it a full fledged app like whatsup once again.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
Heres the icon..
Looks cool. Idk why, but it reminded me of uTorrent. xD

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Would anyone like to look into the Humanity Theme?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Originally Posted by princefakhan View Post
Looks cool. Idk why, but it reminded me of uTorrent. xD
Yeah it looks kinda Torrent. We can change the color theme as we like. and the Y as well. I thought the phone and messaging cloud icons are common so thought of going on with the initials of Yappari

Yeah it looks kinda Torrent. We can change the color theme as we like. and the Y as well. I thought the phone and messaging cloud icons are common so thought of going on with the initials of Yappari
The color theme isn fine with me. Its just that 'Y' looks more like a 'U'. That's what reminded me of uTorrent actually. I suggest you move the second curve up a bit.

Originally Posted by princefakhan View Post
The color theme isn fine with me. Its just that 'Y' looks more like a 'U'. That's what reminded me of uTorrent actually. I suggest you move the second curve up a bit.
Lets c if i can try some more font options for the Y itself.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlazingBird For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Lets c if i can try some more font options for the Y itself.
Maybe we can keep a blue color? That way it keeps the color theme while being new at the same. I like the Y myself, but there's no harm on seeing something different... I hadn't noticed the uTorrent similarity.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

Originally Posted by ceene View Post
Maybe we can keep a blue color? That way it keeps the color theme while being new at the same. I like the Y myself, but there's no harm on seeing something different... I hadn't noticed the uTorrent similarity.
Well then it must be the color theme that got me thinking. And blue looks like a good idea too.

Hows this one.
Name:  Yappari.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  31.9 KB

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlazingBird For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari