Poll: would you like to have infrared port in your device
Poll Options
would you like to have infrared port in your device

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by raaj13 View Post
Although there was meego 1.2 image for n900 (developer edition or community edition i forgot) but that has moved to new project nemo(haven't seen much happening there lately)
Nemo Mobile works on the N900 - it is just a bit slow (at least was when I tried it a few months ago).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by bingomion View Post
If jolla is so great and good and maemo should give it all to jolla because its the spiritual continuation blah blah blah... Where's the N9 image?
ask nokia, its upto them. I am sure jolla would doit if they get payed but not for free!

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by raaj13 View Post
and how is maemo5 releated to mer?
But anyways neither nokia promised a maemo5 image for n810 nor did jolla promised a sailfish image for N9.
Although there was meego 1.2 image for n900 (developer edition or community edition i forgot) but that has moved to new project nemo(haven't seen much happening there lately)
its alive and kicking http://github.com/nemomobile

and again much of nemo is also sailfishos.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-06-02 at 20:16.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
ask nokia, its upto them. I am sure jolla would doit if they get payed but not for free!
MeeGo folks already stated:
"A lot of people started asking recently about the port of Sailfish to Nokia N9.
Well folks, it's not a completely finished OS yet and it's not out, so there's no one porting it to N9 yet.

BUT there WILL be a port soon after the official release of the OS.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation."

So why are you still questioning it? Jolla people showed N950s with Sailfish on it so there is obviously an img just not for general public!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
Infra red ports can be useful, but would take space which might otherwise be more useful to add other hardware which might prove more useful than the IR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danested For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
MeeGo folks already stated:
"A lot of people started asking recently about the port of Sailfish to Nokia N9.
Well folks, it's not a completely finished OS yet and it's not out, so there's no one porting it to N9 yet.

BUT there WILL be a port soon after the official release of the OS.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation."

So why are you still questioning it? Jolla people showed N950s with Sailfish on it so there is obviously an img just not for general public!
At the risk of extending the off-topic jabber even further...
They're not going to spend a large chunk of their resources to help with that, nor should they have to, & even if they did there's limits as-to-what can be done.
That's all been discussed/explained so many times now that it's not even funny any more, yet somehow the same group of people (not you) always "forget".
What they will do, is facilitate things as much as is legally/technically/financially feasible, in order to allow the community to do the "heavy lifting".

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-06-03 at 15:45. Reason: typo

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by danested View Post
Infra red ports can be useful, but would take space which might otherwise be more useful to add other hardware which might prove more useful than the IR
How much space is IR tx / rx supposed to absorb?

Take space is relative.

Maybe we should stop supporting those ever more anorexic devices.

Something thin and flat is not awesome. It is non-ergonomical, waste of batterylife and possible features.

I need my N900 to control my old DTS JVC tuner as the physical volume button is unreliable (might blow up speakers) and the original remote is lost.

Yes IR is needed even for my kitchen ventilator and frankly I could use an improvement over the N900 where I am able to record any remote controls signals into one device that can also make phone calls.

At some point an ultra-thin first gen Jolla becomes useless and lays catching dust somewhere waiting for a chance to pollute the environment.

But less so if it includes IR and gets a second life as universal remote via IR and via Wifi.

Last edited by ste-phan; 2013-06-03 at 11:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
Here you go, boys. The-e-e ultimate innovative invention from crApple.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xanderx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Bump ! Ir ir ir ir ir ir ir ir ir ir ir ir ir ir ir ir ir ir ir ir i neeeed ir !

Tags
+fm transceiver, +ir transceiver, child, dummy, ohnoesnotagain