Active Topics

Just waiting for an update to the mail app, wonder what it does
Jolla #272

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by att View Post
Are you talking about 1.0.1.10 (Laadunjärvi) which was released at Monday, or older release? Because 1.0.1.10 already increased the contrast.
The latest (.10). Bright text is fine (for example From: in email summary display) but the normal text does not have enough contrast. Having left-right gradient makes it even harder to use summary display for good. Most of the text in email setup is also pretty unreadable because of low contrast.

I'm using the "Rope" ambience as it seemed to offer the best experience from built-in ambiences.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
I noticed that if I set the device with "English UK" language, the maps app shows distances in yards/miles. Bleargh :-/
Is there any way to get English language and metric units? I miss some kind of en_DK locale!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
I noticed that if I set the device with "English UK" language, the maps app shows distances in yards/miles. Bleargh :-/
Is there any way to get English language and metric units? I miss some kind of en_DK locale!
I'd like that too, spent years getting used to kms when abroad, don't want to go back now
Jolla #272

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to richardyates For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Being able to set the measuring system independent of the language might be the best idea.

Incidentally, can I have meters and miles?

It's a mess but we're gradually getting rid of yards in the UK, even on the roads. Getting rid of miles might take a lot longer.

http://www.ukma.org.uk/distance-information-mess

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Question for lucky Jolla owners(and employees) - is the browser supporting certificate import? This is needed for internet banking etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Right, 2 more low priority questions, if anybody really can be bothered and knows how to confirm them:
1. Can the Jolla send SMS's even if there is no cellular network? And what I mean exactly is: will it put it in a queue and send it at the first opportunity when there is cellular network, like pretty much every single Nokia does and pretty much every other device does not, except perhaps blackberry or newer devices I don't know?
2. This is a trickier one: can the browser open pages over SSL with ident authentication? (N9 couldn't in its first version, and could in its second; iOS/Android failed miserably when I last tested).
1.) Yes, just tested it. The message will be sent automatically when you get coverage again.

2.) Could you tell me an example of a site to try?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
On Harmattan, yes. On Sailfish, no. As you can see on SailfishOS only 9 open apps at once.
How about the messaging app. Can you open multiple windows of messaging with different people (like we can do on N9)?

I keep about 4-5 messaging windows open all the time and I just switch between them on my N9.

Originally Posted by att View Post
I have understood that Jolla uses Lipstick software to run the home screen (lock screen, switcher, launcher, ...). You probably can customize it. You can use QML to write screens for Lipstick

w00t can correct me if I'm wrong
I would also like confirmation on this. Considering Jolla/sailfish OS is based around a philosophy of being 'unlike' and open, I should hope so that this is the case.

Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
How about the messaging app. Can you open multiple windows of messaging with different people (like we can do on N9)?

I keep about 4-5 messaging windows open all the time and I just switch between them on my N9.
This is also one of the main reasons for putting forth this issue. I hope that browser tabs or communication tabs dont fill up my usable apps area leaving me fumbling to manage other tasks.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
Nope, but you quickly change the person you are messaging with. Swipe right and tap the last message of some other person.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience