Notices

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Hey, really thanks! This can be REALLY useful...
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
Thank you.Eagerly waiting for update.

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
New release - v0.0.3 - see first post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Tata, Hungary
This is a really good program, thanks damagedspline. It makes possible to use my N900 as a navigation device, for free.

However, a couple of problems i found:
1. The speed reading was off, i see now that it is fixed in 0.0.3. So, i guess, this is all right now.
2. When i do a search, the result is some several 100 km-s south. Longitude seems about right, but the latitude is way off. If i use the web ui, the results are fine. Also in qwazer the results are fine, so i guess the problem is in waze-qt.

-sc

Originally Posted by ScarCow View Post
2. When i do a search, the result is some several 100 km-s south. Longitude seems about right, but the latitude is way off. If i use the web ui, the results are fine. Also in qwazer the results are fine, so i guess the problem is in waze-qt.
10x for the bug report - i havnt encountered it. Can you please provide more details so i'll be able to reproduce?

The Following User Says Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Well, what kind of detail would you need? I will create a map showing the actual places i search for and the results, but i don't have my phone with me at the moment.
Is there any other info i can give to help you search for the problem?

-sc

Originally Posted by ScarCow View Post
Well, what kind of detail would you need? I will create a map showing the actual places i search for and the results, but i don't have my phone with me at the moment.
Is there any other info i can give to help you search for the problem?

-sc
yes, that will help.
i need a search that generate different result so i'll be able to compare the app result with the site one

Ok, here it is. I think it is rather self explenatory, but if you need help with it, just let me know.

For searches for streets within a town, or city, the result is always the same, as shown on the map. I actually tried it with non-Hungarian cities and the same offset is there too.

-sc

Last edited by ScarCow; 2011-12-05 at 10:22. Reason: Link wrong

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
But it's clearly not an offset... It's not a regular displacement of the points... And I can't reproduce it on my own...
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

Ok, offset might not be the correct word, i just don't know any better. Displacement, maybe? I am using N900 by the way, might that be the reason?

Anyway, now i had time to test a little, and the wrong speed display seems to be worse than in v0.0.2. Earlier it showed about the double of my actual speed, no it's more like 3-4 times. i was driving around in town, and it showed ~200 km/h for me.

-sc