Posts: 26 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Milano

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
I like the new portrait status menu
Attached Images

Web Advices
Tablet Phone X
Blogging Tips
Know IP Address

Last edited by plaban; 2011-01-30 at 13:38.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to plaban For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
Name:  Screenshot-20110130-214527.jpg
Views: 1127
Size:  23.6 KB

I realised after installing this update from the CSSU, and after fixing a few things i.e. FAM, uninstalling desaturize desktop (SOB SOB SOB), and having needed to reinstall certain things that were automatically removed by autoremover (glad that it could resolve), suddenly, I realised there were many apps that were 'kept back' and not upgraded...

how to work around this or is it not important?

Given the issues listed on this thread what benefits, at the moment rather than in the future, does installing the CSSU bring, in terms of using the phone? As the wiki doesn't seem to list many worthwhile changes?

In other words it is worthwhile installing the CSSU at the moment?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
In other words it is worthwhile installing the CSSU at the moment?
Though it might be worthwhile for some, it is still a public testing phase. If you are not familiar with debugging apt-get related issues or even are unwilling to reflash the whole device, simply let others get their hands dirty! There will not always be a helping hand in here interested enough.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
Attachment 17341

I realised after installing this update from the CSSU, and after fixing a few things i.e. FAM, uninstalling desaturize desktop (SOB SOB SOB), and having needed to reinstall certain things that were automatically removed by autoremover (glad that it could resolve), suddenly, I realised there were many apps that were 'kept back' and not upgraded...

how to work around this or is it not important?
DId you apt-get upgrade or apt-get dist-upgrade? Which repos do you have enabled?

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
CTRL+ backspace doens't work anymore. I really need this feature when multitasking

Originally Posted by Zekahz View Post
CTRL+ backspace doens't work anymore. I really need this feature when multitasking
Sorry, but it works, at least on my device. Check the status of the configure process please.
There might also be necessary to reboot, but i am not a 100% sure about this.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by hqh View Post
Setting qtm-maemo-metapackage to manually installed should fix the autoremover stuff. I also set dsme-thermalobject-surface and libqt4-translations as manually installed as the autoremover tried to remove them as well.
It seems Fapman is a bit overzealous in always running the autoremove step before installing anything. Thanks to whoeveryou for raising #11831 which deals with this issue.

Last edited by Jaffa; 2011-01-30 at 16:20.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by droll View Post
but will this be limited to only the portions that nokia has released as open source?
Probably. Although having something which binary patched existing applications (such as Ovi Maps) is feasible; but if it's a binary patch it doesn't require the level of "trust" Application Manager gives it and these could go through the normal Extras process.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade