Posts: 17 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Munich
As a Skat player I always loved xskat on Linux platformts. Therefore I wanted to get xskat working on the N900 which I managed to do this afternoon (with no impact on the rootfs space btw ).

Prove:

This is what I did:
1.) On a windows PC I downloaded the latest unstable armel xskat package. I upacked the .deb package (which ist just tar at the end of the day) using a freeware called PeaZip.
This resulted in the usual two files being extracted: control.tar.gz and data.tar.gz. I unpacked the "data" archive /w Winrar while maintaining the directory structure. The xskat executable can then be found in the usr/games relative path of the archive. I copied xskat to my N900 SD card.

2.) On my N900 I copied the xskat executable to /opt and made it ready to run:

~ $ sudo gainroot
/home/user # cd /home/opt
/home/user # mkdir xskat
/home/user # cd xskat
/home/user # cp /media/mmc1/xskat .
/home/user # chmod +x ./xskat
/home/user # ^D

Test it:
~ $ /home/opt/xskat/xskat -font 6x13

Voilá! Enjoy!

P.S.: The font option is necessary since otherwise xskat will complain about a missing font. I used xlsfonts out of the x11-utils package (same mechanics as described above for the sake of saving rootfs space) to list the available fonts. However, I did not have the time yet to test other fonts besides the 6x13 font.
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Uwe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
xskat is now uploaded to extras-devel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to titan For This Useful Post:
Anyone interested in helping improving this? I'll make the controls more finger friendly, need someone to change the cards to something visible.

I followed your instructions on the Nokia N9 and xskat works as well, except for a minor graphics issue (at the bottom).
It does not really disturb me, though.
I attached a screenshot. It would be great if anyone has a solution or could at least repack the package for Meego (or a brief explanation how to do that).
Thanks in advance,
Chris
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inte For This Useful Post: