Active Topics

The iNdT team must have been actually waiting for the OS2008 update before releasing Canola2 Beta. The Canola official site is now updated with lots of new information about Canola2 Beta, videos, feedback form, and of course the install page. Note however that Maemo.org's server is being hammered right now and it might take a while for everyone to download and install Canola (9.32 MB). Eduardo Oliveira (aka handful) has identified some features that are not working and some that needs polishing. It would be great if we can send them what ever bugs we find through the Canola2 Official Feedback page or through the itT Canola2 Beta Discussion Thread. Links: Install Canola2. Official Canola Website.
Read the full article.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Phoenix, AZ
Has anyone actually been able to install this? I am running OS2008 Final on an N810 and when I go through their 4 steps application manager tells me it can't find package Canola 2. Sure enough is not in the list of available packages. It appears to be a problem with the maemo repository. Is anyone else having problems with it? If so I got to say what a crappy time for it to go down heh

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
The maemo org repositories are down:

"The service is temporarily unavailable. We are very sorry for the inconvinience it may cause."

We just need to wait until they fix it.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
Also read recent comments in this thread, started by Reggie http://internettablettalk.com/forums...957#post111957

I was able to install it on N800/OS2008. The UI is nice and completely stylus-free. It is showing no audio or video files though. I am still tearing my hair apart to find out what's wrong with it. It is showing all the albums from the settings panel but not from My Music.

There are no radio stations/Internet podcast sources/photo stream added by default. I haven't manually added and tested it yet.

I don't see a Canola 2 applet installed like in the previous versions.

Originally Posted by pablo View Post
Has anyone actually been able to install this? I am running OS2008 Final on an N810 and when I go through their 4 steps application manager tells me it can't find package Canola 2. Sure enough is not in the list of available packages. It appears to be a problem with the maemo repository. Is anyone else having problems with it? If so I got to say what a crappy time for it to go down heh
yes, I am experiencing problems too. When I finally get canola to download
I only get a partial or corrupted file.

Originally Posted by waddell View Post
yes, I am experiencing problems too. When I finally get canola to download
I only get a partial or corrupted file.
Same. I assume that I'm missing some required libraries. I will reinstall when maemo.org goes back on line.

some please mirror the .deb file.

Does anyone know if this version of Canola has it's own crawler like the old version did? And does it still require you to change settings thru a web interface?

If so... meh..

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
The repositories are really suffering (actually before canola) so hold on people =) We hope the servers get healthy soon =)

For those who installed : please make sure you go to settings and watch the folders of you media. We didn't do that for the users to avoid problems (a folder with 2000 maps) can be damn slow to load.

Br

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handful For This Useful Post: