Active Topics

Notices

Now that 1.0 of OpenXCom has been released, I would like to know if anyone capable of making N9[00] port is still interested in this project?

I would really much enjoy playing this with my N9 or N900.

--
Nävis

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nävis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 83 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Estonia
http://maemo.org/packages/view/openxcom

Right click is emulated by covering the proximity sensor or holding down fn (blue arrow). Idea and code borrowed from Ukki's JA2 code.
To disable clicks, hold down shift. These buttons are now configurable under 'Control' menu.

bugs:
  • no audio
todo:
  • add mods (separate package)
  • add translations
  • configurable right-button
Audio disabled by default, because CatFile::CatFile() crashes when compiled with -O2. But with -O0 it's unplayable, fps between 0 and 2.
Under scratchbox both targets play fine when sound enabled.
When data contains midi music, timidity-freepats is needed or just timididy and correct timidity.cfg location: 'ln /etc/timidity/timidity.cfg /opt/maemo/usr/local/lib/timidity/timidity.cfg'
by replacing .mid with .ogg, timidity is not needed. you can get music here: http://users.atw.hu/xcom-sounds/
libsdl-mixer1.2.8-dev needed because of Mix_LoadMUS_RW()
Attached Images

Last edited by zod; 2014-11-07 at 06:21.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zod For This Useful Post:
Sound is working now.
Problem was solved by removing CatFile::~CatFile(). I also attached test case, maybe someone knows wtf is going on.

compiled without opengl (glshim) because fps was lower and it doesn't improve visual side.
Attached Files
File Type: txt CatFile.cpp.txt (590 Bytes, 144 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zod For This Useful Post:
are you sure glshim is making lower fps? could be incorrectly included (my attempts at armagetron were also giving lower framerate, appo managed to get 10x better)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
any chances to run this on N900? http://ufoai.org/wiki/Coding

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
are you sure glshim is making lower fps? could be incorrectly included (my attempts at armagetron were also giving lower framerate, appo managed to get 10x better)
Without glshim ~44fps. With glshim ~10fps.
Latest version compiled with gl enabled. just enable it in video settings.
for some reason i get
glXGetProcAddress: glCreateProgram not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glUseProgram not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glCreateShader not found.
seems that opengl is used (fps drop, blurry image) but I cannot add any gl filters. 44fps is enough so let it be.

gianko: compiled fine, but crashed after launching. When I have time, I'll investigate it further.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zod For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zod View Post
http://maemo.org/packages/view/openxcom
You, Sir, are my new Maemo's gaming hero. Instant-download. Writing it, as mere "thanks" via button is not enough.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

First small feature request, after initial testing:

Could you allow to configure (via a config text file, for example - no need for anything fancy) what emulates right click AND hovering mouse pointer without clicking anything?

The later is painfully missing (or I'm just being dumb, in such case, correct me and point out how to do it), while for the former, I find covering proximity sensor for right-click extremely cumbersome (had same feelings towards JA2 implementation). For all intents and purposes (Easy Debian, Homeworld SDL, whatever) I use Alt_Gr (aka "blue arrow") + tap for right click. Would be nice to have it configurable to one's liking.

/Estel

// Edit

BTW, it might be worthwhile to compile latest git, instead of 1.0 version. In meantime, some major functionality changes were incorporated into "hardcoded" sections, which means that most openxcom mods won't work with 1.0. Browsing through openxcom forums, latest nighties are very stable and consideren semi-official "mainstream version" - furthermore, new nighties aren't supposed to bring any game-changing functionalities (yes, don't ask me why they just won't release 1.1 as new milestone, already - the situation with "stable nighties" continue for few months, already, and even newbies are instructed to use nighties, on the forums).

I've compiled and use it on my Debian desktop without any problems, but, of course, I can't do it successfully for Maemo for a life of mine (messed up dev environment, too cumbersome/time consuming hunting for files from 3rd party unofficial sources to rebuild it from scratch. Bless you people, that still have working Maemo build environment, take care of it until it's too late ).
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2014-10-30 at 03:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
.. right click AND hovering mouse...
You can now use 'blue arrow' along with proximity sensor. No point to make it configurable anymore I think.
About hovering. Where do you use it? For edge scroll? Drag scroll works well. Or just not to make accidental clicks?

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
BTW, it might be worthwhile to compile latest git, instead of 1.0 version.
Actually it was lastest git. I didn't add revision to version string because scratchboxes git (which I used) doesn't have --tags option. Now its added.

The Following User Says Thank You to zod For This Useful Post:
What's the exact directory where I am supposed to copy the original Xcom files? I have them now in ~/MyDocs/openxcom/data, but that does not seem to work.