Notices

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Zurich, Switzerland
zacaaron
yes.. seems like they have to do something. But i had to argue with them for 1 day till they said "let's see what we can do" and i think that's rude.. if i'd treat our customers like that they'd be all gone.

Originally Posted by zacaaron View Post
Cool down, but I think it's fairly obvious that your phone issues is not caused by Wazapp. Your issues sound similar to what happened to me back in Oct 2012 & it had nothing to do with Wazapp. Instead it's the OS failing to tell you that /home/user partition has ran out of space. Try this simple test when things start going funny like camera won't start: Open Terminal & run this command:
Code:
touch test.txt
If an error occurs, it'll tell you why.
For me it says no space left on device.

i have problem with camara and not able to send messages on the app

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by Mikeyboy View Post
For me it says no space left on device.

i have problem with camara and not able to send messages on the app
Ok so you have the same prob that I have. Doesn't matter that the phone reports that there's still space, The issue seems to be the security framework Aegis hiding the real used space by it's files. Since we can't do anything bout Aegis, we have no choice but to try free up space.

Best place I found for this is the /home/user/.thumbnails/ folder. You can try the following in Terminal to see how much space is used by the folders inside .thumbnails

Code:
cd /home/user/.thumbnails/
du -h
You can delete most of the folders in .thumbnails, the OS will regenerate back what is needed. But to make it more safe, you should remove your facebook & twitter accounts from Accounts before deleting those folders taking up huge space.

I had 800mb in .thumbnails folder, after cleaning it up it only ate 100mb++

Originally Posted by zacaaron View Post
Ok so you have the same prob that I have. Doesn't matter that the phone reports that there's still space, The issue seems to be the security framework Aegis hiding the real used space by it's files. Since we can't do anything bout Aegis, we have no choice but to try free up space.

Best place I found for this is the /home/user/.thumbnails/ folder. You can try the following in Terminal to see how much space is used by the folders inside .thumbnails

Code:
cd /home/user/.thumbnails/
du -h
You can delete most of the folders in .thumbnails, the OS will regenerate back what is needed. But to make it more safe, you should remove your facebook & twitter accounts from Accounts before deleting those folders taking up huge space.

I had 800mb in .thumbnails folder, after cleaning it up it only ate 100mb++
Okay thanks, so it is 721.7m so i can clean it from the terminal or just manually from filebox. Also i downloaded this program called cleaner (QAD) that cleans cache data. It worked when i used that as well.

Originally Posted by D.Cent View Post
Any ideas how/where we can pay for Whatsapp once the expiration date is reached?
Try this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...28#post1320928

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Santa Cruz, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Hey guys, i'm kindda new in all this code and stuff world.

I would like to know how can i open Terminal on my N9 phone to check how much space i have left in the thumbnails folder...

Thanks. I'll apreciate any help. (Y)

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Yochoa View Post
Hey guys, i'm kindda new in all this code and stuff world.

I would like to know how can i open Terminal on my N9 phone to check how much space i have left in the thumbnails folder...

Thanks. I'll apreciate any help. (Y)
You have to activate developer mode in settings panel.

The Following User Says Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
@tgalal
feature request:

instead of having every chat we had opened, and instead of having to delete them to save ram or dunno, there should be an option to "archive it" so this way we dont have the have the whole convo list open and we could open it if needed

The Following User Says Thank You to dcastrog For This Useful Post:
Me and my friend have encountered a problem with videos taken with iPhone (the problem has been tested and occurs at least in group messaging). N9 says that it won't support them. However, the same video works in my N9 if i get it by multimedia-message. Thereby the problem must be in Wazapp. Could you please fix it?

Excellent work otherwise, thanks!

^N9 can play *.mov file?

Last edited by soryuuha; 2013-02-15 at 00:58.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp