Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Pakistan
how to v underclock using this?

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
This app is incorrectly reading CPU temperature with new power kernel (v47). I suggested one of simple solutions (patches) here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=101 so if devs are still reading this thread, please apply patch

Last edited by misiak; 2011-05-05 at 16:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
This app is incorrectly reading CPU temperature with new power kernel (v47). I suggested one of simple solutions (patches) here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=101 so if devs are still reading this thread, please apply patch
Thanks for pointing that out. However I do not find v47 in the official repos. One problem right now is that I don't want to have to distinguish between stock kernel, power kernel < 47 and power kernel >= 47, so I guess the best thing is to wait. I'll take a look at the temperature issue as soon as a new power kernel version becomes widely available.

- direx

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to direx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by direx View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. However I do not find v47 in the official repos. One problem right now is that I don't want to have to distinguish between stock kernel, power kernel < 47 and power kernel >= 47, so I guess the best thing is to wait. I'll take a look at the temperature issue as soon as a new power kernel version becomes widely available.

- direx
It is available in extras-devel if you want to install it (if you use multiboot you may need to install kernel-power-bootimg via apt-get also) and all future releases are supposed to show temperature in "new" way. Thank you for your attention

The attached version should support the new kernel. Please let me know if it works for power-kernel v47.
Attached Files
File Type: deb qcpufreq_0.4.4pre-1_armel.deb (152.8 KB, 492 views)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to direx For This Useful Post:
It works perfectly, thanks What kind of hack did you do to support both 47 and pre-47 kernels? Some check if read temperature is above 200C?

Some check if read temperature is above 200C?
Lol, great idea. No actually this version breaks support for reading the temperature on old versions. This is why I hope that the new power-kernel will reach extras-testing soon, so I can upload a new QCPUFreq without worrying about old power kernels.

200C is actually 20.0C

Originally Posted by martin-357 View Post
200C is actually 20.0C
I know, but my idea was: the highest possible temperature of your phone when switched on will never be higher, than 100-150C (challenge accepted anyone? ). So, if the temperature after reading it "old way" shows anything more, it means it has to be divided by 10 (because, as you said, it is 10 times smaller and means user is using newer kernel). If not, the read temperature is correct (and 30 means 30C, not 3.0C :P).

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I know, but my idea was: the highest possible temperature of your phone when switched on will never be higher, than 100-150C (challenge accepted anyone? ). So, if the temperature after reading it "old way" shows anything more, it means it has to be divided by 10 (because, as you said, it is 10 times smaller and means user is using newer kernel). If not, the read temperature is correct (and 30 means 30C, not 3.0C :P).
Clever and might be worth doing, but it's risky because let's pretend something else causes the temperature reading to be inaccurate. Dividing by ten might not be a universal fix.