Originally Posted by badboyuk View Post
im still weary about installing the new update until someone can assure me that it is safe and as to why the previous update hanged on people, an from what im reading some ppl are still having issues installing this firmware but nothing similar to the previous 1 where it just hanged at the last second!

Only 1 person replied and suggested to read all the threads but theres like 70 pages here already, thats a lot of reading to do! If u know the answer then just why not help me out by telling me?

I found out about the update at 8am EST...I read the first 5 pages of this thread before running the update via the application manager. I've since read every post in this thread.

If you are having problems with your 900, or fear that you will, just type in your specific topic of your concern in the search field. If you are reading about specific problems, were there not solutions posted? Again, if you don't see the solutions, try searching. Many have already been addressed.

As with many others, I have had no problems with either of the (2) updates, installed via the Application Manager. I still say that the 1st update was released at least 1-2 weeks ago.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
cant use potrait browser. pressing ctrl+ shift and turn the phone?

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
cant use potrait browser. pressing ctrl+ shift and turn the phone?
ctrl + shift + o

...don't forget to close the keyboard, then turn phone, with an open browser, or the bookmark page.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colnago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
closing the keyboard to get portraitmode in the browser is essential!

when you have the keyboard out, it will not work.
even if its already in portraitmode and you get the keyboard out, it will jump pack to landscape mode.

I totally agree with you, Lazarpandar! The N900 now finally feels like a polished, ready for public product. Now we can only hope for OviMaps 3 (hell, "lesser" phones have this installed), MMS support (sorry but 100% of my family/friends use MMS and only about 30% get e-mail on their phone. It is nice quickly snapping a picture and sending it to all of my family), and portrait mode throughout the N900.

That's just me.

yay! my phone is already updated. i used the troubleshoot compatibility on windows 7 and it used the xp setting. my next problem is everything got wiped out and i need to download gazillion apps again. i hope i can still find the setting to access the devel apps....

did anyone get a second update with this release? I got the pr1.0.1 a few days ago but today I had 2 updates in total is this right. The first I ran was 2.2009.51-1.203.1 this installed with ease and when turning the phone off then on again it it gave me a "do not interrupt, installing % complete" I turned the phone on and got a second update that was 2.2009.51-1.2003.2. This auto installed and rebooted my phone I then had a status bar under the nokia logo upon boot then the phone booted fine.

Did anyone else have this or is it just me?

Originally Posted by pwannell View Post
did anyone get a second update with this release? I got the pr1.0.1 a few days ago but today I had 2 updates in total is this right. The first I ran was 2.2009.51-1.203.1 this installed with ease and when turning the phone off then on again it it gave me a "do not interrupt, installing % complete" I turned the phone on and got a second update that was 2.2009.51-1.2003.2. This auto installed and rebooted my phone I then had a status bar under the nokia logo upon boot then the phone booted fine.

Did anyone else have this or is it just me?
I had the same thing happen. I suspect that's par for the course.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London UK
Where the bloody hell are the guys who released this bug ridden update we are all experiencing the same issue and not a single word from them. i am not pleased

After updating to PR1.1 I was excited to see that MFE is working. But there is a problem.
Email messages that are "Accept responses" to meeting invitation that you sent then those email message are received again and again. Each time your email is synchronised. Plus there is no information in the "recipient"

Looks like MFE implementation was not fully tested......
Frustrating.

maemosub.

Tags
extras-devel, firmware, firmware update, flasher, free space, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, n900 pr1.1, n900 pr1.1 update, nsu, ota, pr1.1, pr1.1 update, rootfs, ssu, update