Active Topics

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
This is so so true and the very reason that Meamo has failed, you can thank Nokia for this as they never pushed Meamo but came up with Meego instead screwing up any kind of future development that could or would have taken place for Meamo..

So what now?, as Meamo we are stuffed basically and have to wait untill Meego catches up even let alone becomes a viable OS.
Well Maemo is suppose to be QT Compatible with Symbian 3 and Meego. Hence (if it works) is any program developed in QT for those platforms works on Maemo (and vice versa any development in QT for Maemo works in anything else QT compatible).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

My point never was that Maemo on the N900 was a perfect product.

My point was that Nokia supplied a fully functional peice of software

As i've compared it to already, a laptop comes out with Windows on it, bundled with IE, solitaire etc. I don't use IE or solitaire, so i install firefox and left4dead2 on there. The N900 is identical - except with maemo, not windows.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
This is so so true and the very reason that Meamo has failed, you can thank Nokia for this as they never pushed Meamo but came up with Meego instead screwing up any kind of future development that could or would have taken place for Meamo..

So what now?, as Meamo we are stuffed basically and have to wait untill Meego catches up even let alone becomes a viable OS.
They're maemo and MeeGo...

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
ysss, I think I'm going change my signature to what you just said. lol

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Well Maemo is suppose to be QT Compatible with Symbian 3 and Meego. Hence (if it works) is any program developed in QT for those platforms works on Maemo (and vice versa any development in QT for Maemo works in anything else QT compatible).
Yes i can agree if your right but what is supposed to be and what is actual are two different things.

Why do we have all the problems we have if they are actually compatible with eachother, so now we know Meego is the future then why did Nokia give out a lame excuse for a Meego OS?, obviously a first attempt at the Meego OS so where is the compatibility occuring here?.

@ lordfury007 , My point never was that Maemo on the N900 was a perfect product.

My point was that Nokia supplied a fully functional peice of software

How can you say this ??? is this some kind of sick joke? lol.

According to Nokia the N900 is so so perfect ha ha, now they might want us all to believe things are so right as they never give us anything but useless upgrades and keep us completely confused.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
They're maemo and MeeGo...

Right now i really want to be Zorro with his trusty sword in hand right in the middle of the Nokia stable in their development dept lol.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Right now i really want to be Zorro with his trusty sword in hand right in the middle of the Nokia stable in their development dept lol.
And accomplish what? Offend their ears with another "meamo" chant?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
And accomplish what? Offend their ears with another "meamo" chant?
Oh now let me think... they are probably comparable with our useless football team, old haggered and damm useless lol so to scare a few of them off indef for them to get younger more competent staff would be good for starters ha ha.

What ears? they would be off with the sword of course lol.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
You're new to the troll game, aren't you?

Anyway, as it stands... if it's not a product for you, then why invest so much anger into it?

I know, I know... the irony of my own statements don't escape me.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
just more, verbal diarrhea