Poll: If you'd like to meet, which of these apply to you?
Poll Options
If you'd like to meet, which of these apply to you?

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Texrat, Thomas Perl (thp) and possibly Arek Stopczynski (h0pbeat) left the UK today or are in the process of.

Unfortunately.

Today seems that everyone that wasn't from the Uk is leaving, so if that's the case, we can postpone the meeting at tomorrow (as the news are still hot and it'd be nice to have a chat among us about what has been announced) and find a place that's good for everyone.

As usual the best places are in central London, so let's meet there.
I have no problem going anywhere within central London, so it's your pick

For a change I'd propose a tea house in Soho, rather than the usual pub and beer, but I understand that's the "tradition" here so I'll follow.

Unless we want to sit and eat as well, in that case I'd like a good meal compared to pub one. But again, I'll follow the crowd

Aniello

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Thanks ani, great contribution.
I'm up for the traditional! being a friday night and not having had any beer this week!
And will need some grub at some point! but can grab it either before during or after the meetup
Central london is good! (Not a great fan of tea!)

So at the moment 3 or of us maybe?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
not having had any beer this week!
Now, that's just showing off!

I can see some merit in something more sedate to start with. One of the reasons Monday's meeting was good was because we went somewhere not too crazily busy with a decent selection of food and drinks. Friday's are always busy, though. Hopefully, there'll be a decent crowd of Maemo people too.

Re: Area - although Soho was mentioned, access and finding each other might be tricky. Somewhere out of theatre-district might be better? Just flicking through http://www.beerintheevening.com for places North-Central/Euston-ish, saw the Euston Tap. Just an idea. Anyone know anywhere?

Re: Time: How's 7pm. The other day, 6:30pm was a bit early.

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
I think Jaffa may be interested too?

I was going to suggest the tried-and-tested combo of Porterhouse in Covent Garden to meet in and then when we're quorate we can wander across the road to Fire & Stone for pizza? Although I'm not a beer drinker either, so would be quite happy to switch out step 1 with a different meeting place.

Comments?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
D'oh, crossed the streams! Euston is also OK for me. Euston flyer (between Euston and King's X) is also decent if the Tap is rammed? But probably everywhere will be fairly full.
7pm sounds good.

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
D'oh, crossed the streams! Euston is also OK for me. Euston flyer (between Euston and King's X) is also decent if the Tap is rammed? But probably everywhere will be fairly full.
7pm sounds good.
Thought that's what happened. There's also a Pizza Express opposite the British library, which although a chain is usually half-decent.

So a provisional plan:
Time: From 7:00pm

- this is not set in stone so ideas please...

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Texrat, Thomas Perl (thp) and possibly Arek Stopczynski (h0pbeat) left the UK today or are in the process of.
Yep, had to leave NW in the afternoon to catch my flight home. Also, my plane to London was delayed on Monday, so I missed that meetup as well :/ Anyway, have fun tonight/tomorrow! ;)

Hopefully there will be another opportunity to meet up with you Maemoistas in the future :)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Thanks to demolition, today's meetup now has a thread, for anyone just watching here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
It was great to meet up with a few but disappointing for me that nothing further worked out. But I'm thankful for the people participating and glad that many had the chance to meet!

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
It was such a shame that in the only days you were available, I was busy