Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by shaf View Post
slow updates of fixes, bugs etc
no problem. love bugs. work with them all day, when i'm not here and complianing about somthing.

nokia is not worse than other vendors. still i hate them and will still buy a new open source device from them in the future.

I have 2 N900s so will stick with those until they stop working. I think it is the last of its kind.

N9
always had milestone devices from nokia
shifted to sony ericsson x1 before this.. hated their customer service.. n dead features

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ London
iPhone 4, I think I'm pretty much done with the Nokia N900, it disappointed me a bit to be honest..not that I hate it, but I don't feel like Nokia is supporting it that much, it's more like the maemo community, this community, OUR community is supporting the N900 now.

Wow, that sounds like a presidential speech! =)

Next? Generally? I need a new blender. ;o)

On topic - I'll see what Meego brings. Bought the N900 without research on a whim and haven't been disappointed coming from a 5800. Plus I've already got spare batterys to fuel the N900 :-p

Bought the missus an iPhone 3GS as it suits her needs and was a good upgrade from 5800.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
this is hard......im building a custom deck in "magic: the gathering" TCG and now that the teaser video of N9 came, it made me think twice and pick what will be first between an $800 card deck and the new N-series.

but overall, i love my n900, the most powerful and hackable device i ever had.....
Penguinbait plays "demonic tutor" and pulls out a "fork" from his deck, and plays it on gabby131 allowing the purchase of both a new nseries and a new MTG deck with the same 800$

you can thank me later
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
I used my N6230 until it stopped charging its own internal battery. Well, technically, that's when I started looking a new phones, and decided on the FreeRunner. Then used the 6230 while trying to get the FreeRunner to work, then saw the N900, and continued using the 6230 while waiting for that to ship.

So, The N900 will probably follow a similar path. I'll use it until it's either dead or dying, and/or until it no longer can be used for some other technical reason, before looking for another.

probably the andriod phone directly released by Google (i.e. successor to the nexus whenver I buy my next phone)

i like customisation but do not have the time required to fix the n900 up constantly as I have to work for a living.

so i will settle for droid.

for guys who like the open "hacking" nature of the n900, its no surprise they will buy nokia again as they do not need support and there are no good alternatives with the same open nature on the market now.

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
I think it is the last of its kind.
I think so too. I am really attracted to the N8 and its camera, but ive had my breakup with symbian, and dont think i could leave a resistive screen HW keyboard maemo computer for a capacitive touchscreen only phone...

I don't buy expensive toys like this often... I'll probably cherish my n900 for a long time... I am interested in the N9, hardware keyboard. Too bad the screen wont be resistive

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago
I'll use this N900 until it dies. Then, I'll look for an unlocked Android phone. It'll likely be mature enough with suitable hardware that's the like of the N900. We'll see. Until then, I LOVE my N900... But it doesn't pain to dream.