Active Topics

Poll: Buy n900 again?
Poll Options
Buy n900 again?

I would use my N95 8gb until the N9 comes out later this year.

Of course, no other phone on the market lets me do what I can do with this. For working some times is a pleasure what I can do with it.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
it wouldn't be the first brick i dropped in the toilet...

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Finland
Hope this dont happen to me with n900, all my previous phones i have dropped accidentally down the toilet, newer bricked but anyways.. :P

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Claim it as stolen... get a replacement. No way I'm reaching in a toilet for anything.
Gloves. Then remove battery, clean, re-case. Assuming my toilet, which is clean. Public? No.

To the point: Yes. Device is pretty nice, hardware-wise, and the software is not it's fault. I wish I had 2 so I could experiment with another OS, but unfortunately I need it working.

By the time Meego device with better OMAP is out, I'll dry out. Next OMAP is almost identical, probably be just a clock difference, meaning OCd N900. Not worth it. I see a nice life with me and my N900, if only someone would fix a few of those annoying bugs.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Yes, I would buy another one (or try to make it work anyway).

But, if maemo.org didn't exist, then I wouldn't. With what it has out-of-the-box, it is rather poor.

The only complain is speed. I would love a 1G processor. And don't want to go to the work of overclocking it.

As a telephone, it works, and that's enough... I don't think I use more than 5 minutes per month. Now I use skype with the phone.

There's so little work in OCing the N900 it's scary. OTA install, a simple command in the terminal and it's up and running. Try the OC thread for details.

I'll say this: There is no doubt in my mind N900 was designed at a higher speed. It was toned down in stress test, likely heat afterward or something. There is no way someone wrote animations they knew would stutter. It's so alive.

I've never had a phone like it. But if it broke for any reason, I wouldn't bother replacing it.

Some of the basic thing just don't work. Email/Calendar (I'm trying to sync both with Google Apps) don't perform as well as they should for a phone of this value.

Battery - it doesn't last a day for me. That's rubbish.

Freezing when a call is coming in. Also rubbish.

And all the amazing things (e.g. joikuspot wifi hotspot) can't make up for the incomplete results on the basics, so I'd leave it down the toilet. I'd just flush.

Originally Posted by edanto View Post
Freezing when a call is coming in. Also rubbish.
Does it do it after rebooting? Mine works fine after I switched to daily reboots.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
I'm undecided.

I would consider buying another one, but only after doing as much research as I can about the competition (minus Apple, I refuse to purchase another iphone after my 1st-gen iphone..)

I also think it's astonishing how many people have voted 'no' in this poll. Granted the sample size (at the time of this post) is only about 250, a whopping 40% have voted 'no'.

It might be in Nokia's best interest to send out a quick 'yes or no' question via SMS to all users. Now those results would be interesting

Tags
fanboys' heaven, n900 sh*t smell, take one from a, tmo troll cheap