Active Topics

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I accidentally deleted all the web bookmarks, including the default ones, and I'd quite like to have the default ones back. Unfortunately I didn't make a backup first! I realise that I could flash the eMMC, but that's a bit over the top.

Does anyone have a backup of the initial set of bookmarks supplied with the device? It'll be the .mozilla/microb/places.sqlite file, maybe inside a backup zip file.

hey i had a look at that file and its got all my bookmarks including some directlinks which i do not want to share but i can post the original links on here and you can goto site and add bookmark.

let me know

The Following User Says Thank You to Ronaldo For This Useful Post:
atcually goto home/user/.bookmarks/ and you will MyBookmarks.xml.backup this should have your bookmarks auto backuped.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ronaldo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Yes, I discovered that .bookmarks/MyBookmarks.xml file. It seems to contain all the original bookmarks, even if you've deleted them, with a <deleted>1</deleted> tag. If you add a new bookmark to it and delete it, it gets genuinely deleted from that file, so only the original bookmarks seem to get this special treatment, which is a bit odd! Anyway, I'm sorted now, thanks.