Active Topics

Originally Posted by phako View Post
If you enable the N9's media sharing, do you see that?
Hi, thanks for your reply! Yes, i can see the media on the n9. IWas reading in the thread about creating an n9 configuration file for the server, is that necessary?

Originally Posted by zappAtom View Post
Ok Ok, I see I shouldn't have suggested that :-) By the way I'm extremely happy about your work on Helium and PushUp!
Thanks. I thought maybe we try the easy thing first before shipping precious hardware around

My (old) WDTV is still snappy, btw. Do you have another controlpoint available you could check with? gupnp-av-cp on linux or foobar2000 on windows, e.g.

Originally Posted by malmostoso View Post
Hi, thanks for your reply! Yes, i can see the media on the n9. IWas reading in the thread about creating an n9 configuration file for the server, is that necessary?
It should at least see the devices. For proper transcoding from ps3mediarenderer to the bravia when controlled by Helium you need to copy the config from bravia to n900 on the server, although that doesn't seem to work right. Can't really test that as I don't have a bravia.

Thanks. I thought maybe we try the easy thing first before shipping precious hardware around

My (old) WDTV is still snappy, btw. Do you have another controlpoint available you could check with? gupnp-av-cp on linux or foobar2000 on windows, e.g.
I tried it yesterday again with the N9 and it was a lot faster. But I can still see that Helium awaits a response from WDTV because chaning the volumne results in the slider jumping back iand in 1 seconds loopss it jumps to the position I originally moved it. So how do other control points handle that? I will still test if I get same delays with upnp and gupnp-av-cp on Ubuntu.

And about hardware. I would have no problem with sending my box if it would really help, but you're right...lets try it the simple way first!

0.6 is out

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to phako For This Useful Post:
working great. Hell it is fast really nice

works great, ive been looking for a "nokia play to" for n9 but this is even faster, only suggestion is i can scroll from one pic to another ti send to the renderer instead od hold and send.
btw tested with xbmc eden

The Following User Says Thank You to deviantv1ral For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Some observations:
  • I can't seek in media files on my Samsung 40C750 tv. It's play or stop. Nor can I control the seek position from Helium. This might have nothing to do with Helium nor with Rygel, but I do notice that Helium doesn't show the duration of the video - strangely, the tv does.
  • A setting to define the maximum volume. Currently the volume slider goes from 0% to 100%, but 100% is QUITE LOUD on the tv. An option to limit the range to e.g. 25% would be welcome. (Thus, volume slider to max exuals volume of tv to 25%). That way I won't annoy the speakers, my ears, the neighbors and have easier and more precise control.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Some observations:
  • I can't seek in media files on my Samsung 40C750 tv. It's play or stop. Nor can I control the seek position from Helium. This might have nothing to do with Helium nor with Rygel, but I do notice that Helium doesn't show the duration of the video - strangely, the tv does.
That looks like it failed to parse the information. Did this work before?

• A setting to define the maximum volume. Currently the volume slider goes from 0% to 100%, but 100% is QUITE LOUD on the tv. An option to limit the range to e.g. 25% would be welcome. (Thus, volume slider to max exuals volume of tv to 25%). That way I won't annoy the speakers, my ears, the neighbors and have easier and more precise control.
Good point, I'll file an enhancement issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to phako For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
That looks like it failed to parse the information. Did this work before?
IIRC it didn't. But now that I'm experimenting... it does work when playing on Samsung Allshare on pc, Samsung's free UPnP software (which works quite well actually). I can also use progress indicator on the phone to skip to any chosen point. So I guess it's the tv which is the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post: