Active Topics

Notices

Hi

I have found a little bug, I think.
When I doubleclicked on contact in the list, I got a new surface with delete button.
When I click delete button to remove this one occurrence from the calllist, then It seems to nothing happened, because of the window remain and doesn't go back to the full calllist. BTW, the delete function is working, but this is a little annoying and there is no any "delete ok" message or something.

Originally Posted by Dibcsi View Post
Hi

I have found a little bug, I think.
When I doubleclicked on contact in the list, I got a new surface with delete button.
When I click delete button to remove this one occurrence from the calllist, then It seems to nothing happened, because of the window remain and doesn't go back to the full calllist. BTW, the delete function is working, but this is a little annoying and there is no any "delete ok" message or something.
I'd noticed this before but forgot to go back to fix it.

I've raised Bug 10549 and Bug 10550 on the problems to remind me to go back and look at them.

I think I was unable to make the details stackable window disappear and will try get that working again, but at the very least I'll add a banner saying call deleted

I've uploaded v0.5 to extras-devel

This new version allows calling back of GSM numbers and opening the contact card if the call is from a contact.
There is still no support for calling back a VoIP call if it's not from a contact.

Also, if you are using the trigger hack from Kovach \ hcm to update the end-time field, extended call log will display the length of the call in the details window.

The full changelog is

* Add about box using he-about-dialog
* bug 9649 - Add option to call back a GSM contact
* Add option to open the contact card if the call is from a contact
* Unknown numbers now displayed correctly in detailsWindow
* Change how calls not from a contact display
* bug 10550 - display a banner when a call is deleted
* bug 10549 - close detailsWindow when that call is deleted
* single tap will now open detailsWindow. No need for double click any more
* display length of call if end-time db field in use (see trigger hack http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=42624)

Hi.

Thank you. It is very good.

Does anyone know where the settings for this are ?
I need to reset the displayed amount from unlimited back to 30.

I set it to -1 now it just takes to long to load, I really needed to filter by date. But it is taking to long for the menu to open so I can not set it back.

I have linux skills, just need t oknow where the settings are configured.

Thanks

Last edited by mccwho; 2010-06-23 at 21:15. Reason: update

The setting is a gconf setting at /apps/extcalllog/limit

Running a command like

gconftool -s /apps/extcalllog/limit --type int 30

should reset it

The Following User Says Thank You to matrim For This Useful Post:
The time shown in the call record, is the start or the end time of the call? Is it possible to see the duration of a call or both the start and end time for a call?

Last edited by unaiur; 2010-07-02 at 11:35.

This isn't logged in the database by default.

You can use the triggers mentioned it this thread to make a hacked way to put in the end time of the call and if that is there Extended Call Log will display the length of the call in the call details.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Lebanon
matrim

Would you consider adding the triggers as part of your application?

Thanks for your contribution

Originally Posted by matrim View Post
This isn't logged in the database by default.
Which database are we talking about? And which process/application is responsible, or should be responsible, for putting the call start and end time (or duration) into the database?

I would like extended call log to just include the call duration, but it seems like this application is dependent upon something putting the information into this database first.

So, what is the process that needs enhancing to put the info into the db and when will it be improved to do so?

Thanks!