Active Topics

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Well, from a technical point of view I'm sceptical about this product but I have to admit that the design and the campaign are top notch...

The Following User Says Thank You to sbock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
Dave999 online, but not one single comment yet?

Your standards, dude. They're slipping.
Relax. I'm here...I'm in dissepointed mode. Expected a Jphone ll or at least a crank. Jolla is not unlike...they trying to copy the elephants.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
101k raised.

One thing that annoys me, this price does not include VAT! The real price of this tablet is going to be €200 (assuming a 20% VAT rate).

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
I do not understand, why you are so excited about that. If you want a linux tablet, then buy a Acer Aspire Switch or Asus T100TA Transformer Book and install linux on that...
Its cheaper (but you don't get the dock with external HD & keyboard)

Battery management of Sailfish OS has been proven pretty good.

Sailfish by Jolla has the Android compatibility layer already available. So you don't need the hassle with Chrome webbrowser and APK conversion to run Android applicatons on your Linux tablet (if such would be in your interest)

In my opinion this tablet can unite Android compatibility and Linux productivity desktop applications in one device while providing a fluent Sailfish experience that has still a lot of promise.

Too bad it is just a tablet, not a full keyboard slider though.. Probably something to do with current cheap OEM hardware catalogues: choose type smartphone, phablet, tablet, choose two: thickness, weight, quality.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Hmm so a tablet made by Foxconn totally copied from the ipad with Nokia whoring their name onto it or a crowd sourced tablet by a startup with an open OS.

Before committing would like to know if Jolla are still going to keep it unflashable and how open is the hw. Is it still libhybris running the show or native drivers?

Also surprised to see Nokia backed by the manufacturing giant that Foxconn is having a much higher price for a similar product compared to a startup.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
101k raised.

One thing that annoys me, this price does not include VAT! The real price of this tablet is going to be €200 (assuming a 20% VAT rate).
Nawww, that would be 25% sales tax for Denmark, plus whatever for being a 'computer'. I dont care. I dont have the money now, but I will get one.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Well, thats what that means. SailFishOS 2.0 is with 13K bug fixes (so far), thats why there is versioning numbering.
This will be a major update.
I'm hoping that Sailfish 2.0 will also be pushed to the phones too. The old Nokia would have left the old device on 1.x...

The Following User Says Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
I'm hoping that Sailfish 2.0 will also be pushed to the phones too. The old Nokia would have left the old device on 1.x...
I can only quote

Through the Jolla Tablet, Sailfish OS evolves to its second generation with the biggest update so far.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
As long as there is only one Sailfish OS that just changes depending on the device it's installed on, and they don't pull an Android 3, I can't see why they wouldn't update the phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
$167k raised - nearly half way there. If anyone wants to save $10, they better buy soon, only 200 cheap pre-orders left!

Tags
bulks