Poll: What to accept as replacement for N900 under warranty?
Poll Options
What to accept as replacement for N900 under warranty?

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Camera: WP
In the real world, I have found that my E7 takes better photos than my wife's Lumia 800 (slightly sharper and much better in low-light situations).

Believe it or not, nokia does not owe you a truckload of its latest, most expensive ****.

Be glad they are even honouring the warranty.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
There should be a poll

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Chennai, India
Display: E7 is a 4" panel with a 640x360 res while 800 is a 3.7" panel with 800x480 res however E7 is pure RGB compared to the pentile on the 800 (you choose who wins; although if you ask me my n9 display is something I like more so the 800 is IMO nicer to look at)
Yeah, that borrowed looks of N9 is what still attracts me to Lumia a device.

Keyboard: E7 has a hardware keyboard after all

Size+Weight: related to your keyboard preference
I need a hardware keyboard, am very much used to the N900's one. But I can trade it off for a better look, I can manage with a basic model for texting.

Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
There should be a poll
Poll added. :

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
manojkumaru, I see the proposed solution as the best:

3. They have been trying since 4th oct and couldn't fix my usb hub back onto the board. Also, they tried to swap the board with an Old n900 board, whose IMEI found to be from England and is more than 2 years old already. I didn't want such an unprofessional replacement. So turned it down and escalated the problem. Asked for a new N900. But they don't find one in India they say.

This is really better service than many of us N900 users may expect anywhere in the world.

If they can replace the motherboard without filling the phone internals with sand and crumbs, I'd opt for this especially if "they" are Nokia and extend your warranty after repair.

In any case try not to be too much of a modern consumer...IOW, be careful that the warranty claim does not work contra-productive and makes you end up without N900 and a dumbphone you will want to sell at half its market price.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
It depends. Do you want a 'smartphone' or a silly loltweetfacespacebook?

Consider the e7 has a fully integrated SIP stack/VPN support/full PIM integration and all the other **** that comes as standard on a Nokia 'E' series symbian.

The lumia has...uh...they added copy and paste by now right?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
manojkumaru, I see the proposed solution as the best:

If they can replace the motherboard without filling the phone internals with sand and crumbs, I'd opt for this especially if "they" are Nokia and extend your warranty after repair.
The warranty of my N900 officially ended yesterday, but the invoice claims two more weeks. And replacing the motherboard leaves me with no warranty again. Anyway, that is not a bad trade-off. Either way I lose the warranty now or in two weeks, but I will have a working N900, which would just have lost its greater looks due to the workmanship of naive engineers at the care center.

The Following User Says Thank You to manojkumaru For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Go for N900 replacement or E7, E7 is quite complete when it comes to e-mail, PIM. Nokia e-series are business phone so they are of good quality and the keyboard is amazing.

I have my N900 for 2 years now, and never had needed to go for warranty. Probably, I void my warranty when I replaced the digitizer myself :P I think even without warranty the N900 can be fixed by your self
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
I think even without warranty the N900 can be fixed by your self
I could, but I just tried to use the warranty, but they are now refusing to return my mobile - they probably have ripped it off now & the condition is very worse - I produced it almost new, as the whole keyboard unit and the LCD were recently replaced by them to address keyboard & proximity sensor issues.

I should chose the better of the worsts now

The Following User Says Thank You to manojkumaru For This Useful Post: