Active Topics

I looked for existing threads, but couldn't find any relevant info; so decided to start a new one. When sending an SMS from Messenger, type three or more consecutive numbers, followed by a letter (for example: 1024k). The moment you hit the space bar, the display changes from "1024k|" (the vertical bar is the cursor) to this: "102k |4k"

Previous versions of Harmattan used to not do this (at least 1.1; can't remember about 1.2).

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Just tried this several times but I can't replicate your problem - my message comes up as typed.

I'm on PR1.3, Northern Europe

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
oh yes, I get the same. I would just swipe to the standar keyboard when inputting this. It is odd, but I also get odd rpeated words when typing in a google search bar.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ New Zealand
I can replicate this issue. I probably have never noticed this I think, because there is no need to use the space bar, on the swype keyboard, in this manner. For instance if you attempt to enter another word directly after entering 1024k a space will be added correctly, also if you swipe from either the comma or period to the space bar the cursor behaves as it should.

Interesting find though.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Yup, I confirm this bug aswell, you should go to the forums of swype and file the critical bug over there. I'm sure they can patch this

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Pakistan
I'm getting the same bug. Here's a workaround:

Type 1024 then a space, then backspace, and then k.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Philippines
Tried it, working just fine for me. And I'm pretty sure the swype team will not be updating swype for the N9 anymore, so...

Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
Just tried this several times but I can't replicate your problem - my message comes up as typed.

I'm on PR1.3, Northern Europe
That is the version I'm using (64gb version; not sure that makes any difference).

Are you trying from the Messenger/SMS app, while writing a text message to someone else?

However, I just tried the same while typing a note inside the Notes app. The behavior is the same: after typing "1024k |" (using the default, non-numeric keypad in Swype), it now shows "102k |4k" (again, "|" indicates last cursor position -- so I never actually see what I have put in the first quote above, because adding the space at the end automatically triggers the behavior).

Originally Posted by shanic89 View Post
I can replicate this issue. I probably have never noticed this I think, because there is no need to use the space bar, on the swype keyboard, in this manner. For instance if you attempt to enter another word directly after entering 1024k a space will be added correctly, also if you swipe from either the comma or period to the space bar the cursor behaves as it should.

Interesting find though.
Thanks for that suggestion; I will try doing it that way. There have been situations where Swype has not always inserted a space on its own. If I knew when to expect that behavior, I would probably use the space bar less.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
I was about to post the same bug here