I just got off the phone with Sprint tech support and was told that the only way to connect to their network is via a $40 per month modem plan as opposed to their $15 per month wireless web plan.

Has anyone connected through Sprint via the wireless web, or do I have to shell out an additional $40 per month?

MJP

Yeah,

Thats right, you have to have the 40.00 per month plan, it really sucks, and in my area which is not CDMA yet, we only get 128kbs. I'm not going to pay 40.00 per month for that. Time to find a new cell phone provider with a decent data plan.

The Following User Says Thank You to caulktel For This Useful Post:
Or maybe send this thing back and just get an iphone!

Might want to ask around on HowardForums.com I know that I used to link my notebook up to my PCS phone and have great internet service. (you are voiding the TOS but ehh)

If you have the Vision plan and make occasional judicious use of it tethered (no massive downloads, no using the connection to power a server,etc) you shouldn't have any problems. If you use a Treo, your phone requires a special patch.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Long Island NY
with Sprint you would need a SERO plan. They still exist. Check Howard Forum or Sprintusers.com - There is a "hack" to disable nai and you're set. Only works with certain phones - mostly Samsung.

Search around and you will find it.

The Following User Says Thank You to bg4 For This Useful Post:
Thanks.

Found a work around as you suggested and although slower than I'd like, I can use my cell to connect I subscribed to the $15/month PCS Vision Plan so all should be well.

Meanwhile, I've spent so much time on the phone with Sprint I might actually get lucky and become one of the customers they drop because he uses too much customer service time!

MJP