Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
There is a progress on SR bug - I found it. Will need a little more time to tweak SR in such a way that it will be stable on all devices up to 900/600. Hopefully tomorrow will upload a link to fixed kernel binaries, so those who want to test it. Once stability is confirmed I will send a new patch to pali.

Sorry that it took a little bit longer than expected.

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
No need to say sorry. It's your free time so we (I think that I can say in the name of all of us) are happy that you do it
Thank you!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
I also confirm, that bug with rebooting also occur when turning device on, plugged to charger.

It's impossible to turn device with charger plugged in - need to remove plug, turn on past Nokia logo, and plug charger back.

Sorry for writing in bold, but - while indeed, it is not fatal error - may mean something more serious is going wrong.

Any comment on it from kp devs? Even the smallest one, "we don't have f**** clue what is going on"?

/Estel

// Edit

0_o, please read this small, 4 pages thread...

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=71127

Voodoo programing?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-11-11 at 17:56.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
0_o, please read this small, 4 pages thread...

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=71127

Voodoo programing?
Amusing stuff - face north, stand on one leg and maintain an angle of 45.46 degrees on your n900 and it will reboot.....

Perhaps further comments on this topic should be carried there, as the thread has both specificity and precedence?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I also confirm, that bug with rebooting also occur when turning device on, plugged to charger.

It's impossible to turn device with charger plugged in - need to remove plug, turn on past Nokia logo, and plug charger back.
I had the same thing last year. For me it happened couple of times after a re-flash if I imported the application catalog from a backup. So instead of importing the apps, I installed them manually with fapman and the problem was gone. Now when I re-flash I never import the application list.

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Texas, USA
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
There is a progress on SR bug - I found it. Will need a little more time to tweak SR in such a way that it will be stable on all devices up to 900/600. Hopefully tomorrow will upload a link to fixed kernel binaries, so those who want to test it. Once stability is confirmed I will send a new patch to pali.

Sorry that it took a little bit longer than expected.
Great news. I'll be looking for the link.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Madrid
how is the order of the installation files of kernel power v49? thanks a lot

The problem of device shutting down on Nokia logo after reboot, is now top 1 "mystical" Maemo/N900 thing on my personal list.. Below is a short X-Archive summarize:

1. It seems, that people started encountering this UFO around kernel 42, but other get it with 46, 47, 48 - like me - or, 49.

2. Removing KP always fix the problem, but it re-appears after installing KP again.

3. The problem seems to be not 100% reproducible - it happens most of the times, but not always. Some claim, that holding N900 in "tablet" position (just like the backcover "leg" is used) make chances of successful reboot bigger. Personally, I can't imagine how such a thing may happen - accelerometer isn't initiated at such early stage of boot (fixme?) - but, this claim comes from trusted members, like handaxe

4. If device is able to reboot successfully once - for example, by means of voodoo from point 3 - it can be reboot many times in line without problem. Then, if You do some other things on it/leave it turned off for a while/etc, problem returns. So, it seems, that some unspecific condition change trigger problem again.

5. The same happens, when You try to turn device on while plugged to charger and charging. In fact, device while charging is ion "act-dead" mode, so, turning it on, mean - in fact - reboot. This is possibly the most painful appearance of problem (affecting USB port wear&tear), cause to solve this, one need to unplug, turn device on, and plug again, preferably on 5 dots (any time after Nokia logo will do).

6. It seems, that reflashing and reinstall same packages as before, result in solving the problem (at least, until it re-appears one day ). Ho ever, reflashing, and restoring rootfs/optfs backup - via backupmenu - brings the problem along restored backup. So, it's definitely something rootfs/optfs related (I wonder, if restoring only rootfs would help to sandbox the issue? I know it's way for broken packages, but just testing reboot, and reflashing + restoring backup proper way, might give us idea if it's something on rootfs or optfs)

7. It's still unsure, if R&D mode affect this problem. This one may be verified easily - one just need to turn R&D on, and check. Mentalist Traceur's CLI R&D flag changer, or qwerty's GUI R&D changer, may help here, if someone don't want to use flasher method.

Any clues/idea? I think restoring only rootfs may be a good start, ho ever, even if we know if it is caused by something in rootfs or optfs, it's still searching a drop of water in baltic sea.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-11-12 at 03:23.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
here are KP49 .debs with SR (hopefully) working for range 125-900 MHz. I would appreciate if brave souls test it and comment.

There is an additional value in /sys/power called sr_vdd1_voltage. It contains current OPP voltage as calculated by SR. One can compare it and report what are the differences between what SR thinks is optimal and what he thinks is for a particular frequency. I need that info to check if current SR settings in kernel are optimal.

Any additional feedback is welcome too.

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
hi freemangordon..

i am using ur kernel power...no reboots till now and videos are playing well till now with dsp profile vdd1=1 "d vdd2=1 ... 250-850 Mhz...

thanks a lot genius...

cheers...!

Last edited by knobby; 2011-11-12 at 16:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to knobby For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou