Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Subtitles doesn't display some spanish characters.
I think it's an unicode problem.
Will you see this? I can do it for you if you want

Also, I I think subtitles font size in portrait mode should be 0,56% of current font size (with a limit to prevent very small size), cause it doesn't fit in portrait screen if the size is too big in landscape

I can do it too, to let you focus in your new features

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Subtitles doesn't display some spanish characters.
I think it's an unicode problem.
Will you see this? I can do it for you if you want

Also, I I think subtitles font size in portrait mode should be 0,56% of current font size (with a limit to prevent very small size), cause it doesn't fit in portrait screen if the size is too big in landscape

I can do it too, to let you focus in your new features
The subtitles problem may be difficult to solve as I use a WorkerScript to load them, to avoid a lock-up of the main thread, which sometimes occurred when using my Utils class to load them. WorkerScript cannot access the C++ objects made available to QML via QDeclarativeContext::setContextProperty(), so I moved the subtitles code to JavaScript, and used XMLHttpRequest to load the subtitles. This causes problems with unicode (returns question marks in place of unicode characters), and it seems that it is not possible to decode the resulting characters. I think the only solution will be to use QThread to load the subtitles, so I can move the code back to C++ and gain more control of the character encoding.

I have no objections if you want to tackle this.

I didn't spend much time thinking about the font size and such, as the current implementation was designed just as a quick test before putting some improvements in place. I think there are some visibility issues with the subtitles atm. Using raised text or some such will probably improve this. I plan to add some more options in the settings.

On a separate note, I have been testing your changes (whilst working on the other features) and it seems that there is a problem with thread lock if there are a large number of thumbnails that need generating on startup (in my case there must have been about 30-40). I think these processes will also need to be moved to a separate thread.

My website

GitHub

Really great piece of software. I'm using it especially playing music videos. Would be great if shuffle function would be added for playlists.

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
hi marxian, thnx for this gr8 app. Though I haven't got to use it yet as I don own n9(50) as yet but this is one of few apps I'll first download along with cutetube as soon as I own one
Sneaking in just to request for one thing that i guess will make it look awesome on top of gr8 things its already doing (sorry if this has already been asked). Will it be possible to switch between thumbnail views just by pinch-zooming in and out like in multitask view rather than going to menu and setting it up? it would b just awesome.. thanx

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Any updates? =)

Also, any progress on getting the resume function sorted?

Few other things:

1. Sorting by title doesn't seem to go by the filenames? My videos aren't sorted by filenames so it's everywhere for some reason.

2.Also, can sorting by date changed to date modified and not date created? (or another option for this?) This will ensure my videos are listed by when I copied it onto the N9 instead of when the file was created which could be weeks/months ago.

3. When I play a video and if I press the back button to go back to the thumbnail view, the video title shown in the bottom bubble isn't showing the file name but some embedded tracker title. Can this be changed to show the file name also?

Last edited by jakiman; 2011-11-14 at 21:36.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
If my humble opinion counts Nokia should replace ASAP the build in video player in the upcoming PR1.2 with this open video player!

As ever, Great work Marxian!

Only two suggestions:
  • a additional list view without thumbnail but the possibility to see the full filename would be great. (perhaps only in landscape view - the possibility counts)
  • a possibility to rename a video

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by helex View Post
Only two suggestions:
  • a additional list view without thumbnail but the possibility to see the full filename would be great. (perhaps only in landscape view - the possibility counts)
  • a possibility to rename a video
1. I've requested something very similar already and marxian advised it's coming in the next update.
2. As OVP is now made to just the file name, you could easily rename it using a file manager app for now.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
1. I've requested something very similar already and marxian advised it's coming in the next update.
Sorry, haven't read the whole thread.

2. As OVP is now made to just the file name, you could easily rename it using a file manager app for now.
Yes, I'm able to... but in this case I have to open a browser and search where the video could be stored instead of renaming the video I've selected, opened or watched just now.
(I used at example to rename a movie to note where I stoped watching - at example "v24 - moviename..." to note for myself, I stoped at minute 24...)

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Originally Posted by helex View Post
Yes, I'm able to... but in this case I have to open a browser and search where the video could be stored instead of renaming the video I've selected, opened or watched just now.
(I used at example to rename a movie to note where I stoped watching - at example "v24 - moviename..." to note for myself, I stoped at minute 24...)
Ahh. Hopefully you won't have to rename them to where you left off soon when marxian gets the resume working.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Any updates? =)

Also, any progress on getting the resume function sorted?
I've implemented the smaller thumbnails with full filename, but not much else atm. I have a Symbian project that I need to finish before I can come back to OVP. The resume feature is dependent upon Nokia fixing QtGallery (unless I use another means to access the tracker like libqtsparql, which I don't have any experience with so I'll need to do some reading first.)

Few other things:

1. Sorting by title doesn't seem to go by the filenames? My videos aren't sorted by filenames so it's everywhere for some reason.

2.Also, can sorting by date changed to date modified and not date created? (or another option for this?) This will ensure my videos are listed by when I copied it onto the N9 instead of when the file was created which could be weeks/months ago.
The sorting still uses the embedded title, so I'll change that to fileName for the next update. The modified date is already used (lastModified is the property name), although if you have noticed any anomalies, it would not surprise me if this is another bug in QtGallery (i.e. the wrong property is accessed).

3. When I play a video and if I press the back button to go back to the thumbnail view, the video title shown in the bottom bubble isn't showing the file name but some embedded tracker title. Can this be changed to show the file name also?
That's an oversight on my part. I'll change it for the next update. I'll also add the rename function.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
more features, video player