hey. im recently using my n900 for downloading a lot of stuff from faster application manager just for like these 2,3 days. my internet radio is on while i download some apps and browse the internet. its like its on for 3 hours doing my stuff and with calls and texts in between. i have noticed that my n900 is getting a bit warm when used very very massively. its not hot. its warm and very little warm. however, i can feel it getting warm when i hold it from the back. i can hold it normally in my hand and i can use it while its warm. so is it getting a little warm normal? or is it just me? does the n900 get a bit warm when used very extensively?
thanks

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
of course it gets warm... that's a normal reaction, because it transforms electrical power to bits and bytes (means: it's working more or less hard to achieve this)... After all, it's a computer with a processor, too, and those will always get something between warm and very hot when used...

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
thanks a lot. it got me worried

Are you using the 3G radio? If so, mine gets quite hot too (and the battery life drops to something like 3 hours). On wifi is not warm at all.

mine can quite hot at times.. esp when webos gaming. would be weird for an electronic device not to get warm

mine gets warm when i play internet radio for say 2,3 hours and with downloading lots of apps from faster application manager and browsing the web and texting and some calls all at once in like these2,3 hours

I never had mine get hot except when on 3G. Otherwise it gets warm, but not hot.

If you're connecting over Wi-Fi then it will get warmer than usual. If you connect to the web via router at home, put your hand on top of it.

If I'm doing a few updates prior to leaving home, I'll plug the charger in and connect over Wi-Fi to do them, and as my N900 is overclocked to 1GHz I can see my temps rise from 30/32deg to 38/40deg in most cases.

yes im doing it through wifi. i only use internet through wifi. i use 2g. and the internet radio on wifi. so it gets hot

Originally Posted by Radu View Post
I never had mine get hot except when on 3G. Otherwise it gets warm, but not hot.
mine gets hot (more than warm) to the point where i want to stop using it- right at the battery below lens cover
i guess its a result of being overclocked + hours of webos gaming
when im browsing for a long time it gets warm
i dont worry about it too much.