Notices

You should change the name man. Poor maps is not very selling. Make it rich maps instead.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pexi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
@otsaloma, thank you very much for this update and setup of your map server - its a great addition to our map ecosystem!

I wondered whether you looked into how to import planet or you downloaded the dataset from OpenMaptiles? I would be interested in getting vector tiles support for offline server as well, hence the interest in the import process.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Just a short question: is it possible to add a gpx or kml file with poor maps (e.g. to have an overlay with a track for cycling)? Thx.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
I wondered whether you looked into how to import planet or you downloaded the dataset from OpenMaptiles? I would be interested in getting vector tiles support for offline server as well, hence the interest in the import process.
There is documentation on generating vector tiles, but I haven't had any reason to try it. I just downloaded the planet, as it's free to use for open source, open data and/or non-commercial projects. I recommend you first check if you're allowed to distribute the data as well, in which case you could just download it yourself and put on a server as so far.

Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
Just a short question: is it possible to add a gpx or kml file with poor maps (e.g. to have an overlay with a track for cycling)? Thx.
Not yet: https://github.com/otsaloma/poor-maps/issues/27

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
Donations accepted: https://www.paypal.me/otsaloma

Let me know if it works from a donors point of view and I'll add the link to the about dialog and OpenRepos page.

Before anyone asks, I'm extremely unlikely to arrange any other way to donate than PayPal. If you don't like PayPal, that's all right, don't donate, I'm not going bankrupt or anything.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by otsaloma View Post
Donations accepted: https://www.paypal.me/otsaloma

Let me know if it works from a donors point of view and I'll add the link to the about dialog and OpenRepos page.

Before anyone asks, I'm extremely unlikely to arrange any other way to donate than PayPal. If you don't like PayPal, that's all right, don't donate, I'm not going bankrupt or anything.
Thanks, I've had a lot of enjoyment out of the app and appreciate the opportunity to buy you a few beers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
@rinigus

I tested your voice version now on a long track and it generally works very good, I only noticed a small mistake (of which I don't know which component is responsible for it; I was using it together with your OSM server): i says (in German) something like 'turn right after X meters' where 'meters' is not translated as 'Meter' or 'Metern' if X > 1 but 'Meters'.
Would it also be possible to let the announcements come a bit earlier?

@otsaloma
Would it be possible to implement some kind of 'auto zoom' depending on the current velocity and/or the closeness to necessary maneuvers?
For example if I'm on the highway, I would prefer a more zoomed out view, while e.g. in the city more details regarding the roads would be helpful.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bomo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by bomo View Post
@rinigus

I tested your voice version now on a long track and it generally works very good, I only noticed a small mistake (of which I don't know which component is responsible for it; I was using it together with your OSM server): i says (in German) something like 'turn right after X meters' where 'meters' is not translated as 'Meter' or 'Metern' if X > 1 but 'Meters'.
Would it also be possible to let the announcements come a bit earlier?
@otsaloma is going through the review of the voice PR. It would take some time to get it integrated and merged into Poor Maps master. When done, it will be possible to translate meter(s) into Germain - that translation is lacking at present.

As for announcements coming a bit earlier, make a proposal. Its done via timing and average speed on the segment, logic described at https://github.com/rinigus/poor-maps...rrative.py#L82 where times are given in seconds.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bomo View Post
Would it be possible to implement some kind of 'auto zoom' depending on the current velocity and/or the closeness to necessary maneuvers?
Once we have vector maps in use, we'll likely tilt the map in navigation mode, which should already improve the situation. After that you can remind us to revisit the issue.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
Maybe someone can help: I have a Nexus 5 currently running SFOS 2.0.4. Which means i can neither install the Openrepo's version of Poor Maps nor the (older) version used by Rinigus because of missing geolocation-here.

Does anyone have an older version laying around that i can use with OSM Scout server? Any other idea how to get Poor Maps running ? Thanks.

Last edited by Veraendert; 2017-11-04 at 18:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post: