Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
The charging did not change.. i had to reflash the device.
Edited the /etc/pmconfig to 250-810-lv-kernel instead. It works good for me.. but when i look in conky it shows 850mhz and same in state_in_time. How is that? Does it mean i am running at 850mhz?
yes, you're running 850. the current LV kernel does not yet have 810MHz.
but give me a few more minutes to update it...
so your device doesn't work with ULV.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I just had a scary moment. I was running titan's latest from apps-testing earlier today. Suddenly, I rebooted, first time that had happened. No warning or indication that anything funny was going on. I was running at something like 810 mHz, because 800 wasn't available.
I couldn't get back in, had to reflash the kernel with an earlier 800 mHz kernel.
Edit: I flashed again with the ulv version back on i think page 203. I couldn't run it this time, had to reflash again. I had successfully run it before...
I'm a bit confused: the one in extras-testing doesn't support 810MHz yet.
800MHz might be a bad frequency as Matan indicated.
What was wrong with the ULV version?

Did someone can explain me how the scaling works?
when cpu goes from min_freq to max_freq, it also spent some time at the intermediate steps, or goes straight to the limit?
What I was wondering is that the "delta Freq" is also a key-point in lifetime. So maybe better to use the scaling 250-900 than 125-900.
And this is the only explanation I can think, for the fact that nokia sells the n900 working between 250-600. And this explains also the words of "Igor*". Someone can provide proofs to this theorem?

*Don't rimember the name of the nokia guy that said "don't oc" at the maemo summit or whatever it was

the normal voltage and LV kernel under http://maemory.com/N900/overclock do now support 810Mhz as well.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
I'm getting confused (as usual).
I wonder if it's possible some kind of all-in-one 250ulv-600ulv-800ulv-900lv-1000sv
(power-save of ulv modes and power-computing of stock voltages living all together nicely)

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
@titan: Hi, I'm using your ulv kernel 2.6.28-maemo_20 and just now I happened to come across which I guess is a bug. I tried to use screen calibration app from settings but as soon as I tap the first point it closes automatically. Before with other Lehto's kernels it never occured but now it happening all the time(In 810MHz and restarted device which set it to 600 but still the problem persists). Can anyone else confirm this as well plz.. other than this haven't encountered any and of course loving the ability to change frequencies at runtime.. thanks
Maybe building the latest osso-applet-screencalibration from Git may help: http://maemo.gitorious.org/fremantle...eencalibration

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Maybe building the latest osso-applet-screencalibration from Git may help: http://maemo.gitorious.org/fremantle...eencalibration
FWD: @Matan @titan @Lehto coz honestly it's beyond my head..

hey peeps

sorry to be a pain in the but

tryed looking through thread for how to change to clock speed from 800mhz to 1ghz on the ultra low voltage kernel

ive read that i have to change the scaling_max_freq setting in /etc/pmconfig (e.g., using vi)

but how to do it :-)

can someone pm me please :-)

thanks in advance and again sorry to be a pain in the butt

morning to everyone

ps
id like to permanenlt change it not just change it so that it resets after a call :-) thanks again

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Granada, Spain
I've installed titan's latest ulv using wget and dpkg...

When I do an apt-get upgrade, it looks to upgrade kernel-maemo and kernel-flasher-maemo. I assume this is the normal voltage kernel from extras-testing, and allowing this to go ahead will lose the ulv benefits?

Code:
N900:/# apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
  kernel-flasher-maemo kernel-maemo
2 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 2133kB of archives.
After this operation, 20.5kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.

The Following User Says Thank You to benzo8 For This Useful Post:
Tintan Please ...
Put it here> http://www.saunalahti.fi/crailt/ A kernel zImage-1000MHz and
zImage-1000Mhz-500dsp

I want to run the risk and test here!

by X-terminal I can not understand law.!

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to maykon-de-angra For This Useful Post:

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom