Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Don't know if you are still typing, but what about the elephant in the room
e.g. Livermoriums -> designed by N97/N950/E7 involved people claim that sparked Wows and Awwws.
Are you able to give any more details at this point in time?
Ari Jaaksi and his complete team?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
I hope the f(x)'s keyboard will be less stiff than the N950's - it always to me felt that the force needed to open the N950 would make it spring forwards out of my hands onto the floor in front of me, and that when closing, it would always risk "biting" my hand slamming shut. The N900, while clunkier, you naturally had a firmer grip on and it didn't have any spring to throw its own centre of gravity around.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Don't know if you are still typing, but what about the elephant in the room
e.g. Livermoriums -> designed by N97/N950/E7 involved people claim that sparked Wows and Awwws.
Are you able to give any more details at this point in time?

A slider design involves different aspects, like bearing, force, angle rotation, bounce force, and overall integration, antenna affection, material, accuracy......

Unlike flat sliders can still be found occasionally, there is absolutely nothing like this on the market nowadays.

And it's not possible just to tear down an E7 and doing similar - there are many many aspects that are hidden and cannot just copy from looking. (If you tear down E7 and N950 they actually being different. Despite same screen size) AND we have a different physical size, with a different structure, everything is different.

I am glad and grateful that there are still people there, with proved talent and belief in what we are doing. And I'll let the product to tell the rest.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Chen are you showing off the device at CES?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Exciting times! The product might be a phone. It would be solid to announce it at MWC!

Why even consider CES? CES is located at a shirt place and not cool at all. Better try at MWC...

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Yes, they will be attending MWC

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Yes, they will be attending MWC
Great! Not in jolla booth...right?

I am following the news about this device closely. What I can see on the photos: the keyboard looks quite nice for speedy typing. There is quite some space between the keys which is a very important aspect imho. Also it looks like it is popping out of the surface below a bit, which also supports fast typing.
I hope the device will be optimized for fastest typing possible. Up to now I was not quite satisfied with most of those devices. I even did not quite like the N900, but HP100 LX was quite nice for typing actually.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ravelo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
BTW, did anyone try to measure typing speed on their physical keyboards?

my best with N900 was 39 words per min or 194 keys per min (5 min test). far from computer keyboard but on the other hand - no virtual keyboard may provide such speed (or require A LOT of training). if I'll manage to type that fast on the F(x) (of course without looking at the keys) - that would be awesome.
But hw QWERTY ist mainly for typing fast, right????????
Since it’s much faster type on a software keyboard...when it comes to small phones.

Is it more for visibility and general feeling?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
I hope the f(x)'s keyboard will be less stiff than the N950's - it always to me felt that the force needed to open the N950 would make it spring forwards out of my hands onto the floor in front of me
It did that once for me

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit