Poll: Are you interested in using the QX10/QX100 with Jolla
Poll Options
Are you interested in using the QX10/QX100 with Jolla

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Code:
scp ~/MyDocs/DCIM/201306* qwazix@play.qwazix.com:~/junephotos
^^ real

try typing this with swype
Exactly.
I tried swype and it is total crap, it cannot handle needed punctuation and it just kept on changing the words I typed to gibberish.
I do not understand why some people like it

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Curitiba-PR . Brasil
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Code:
scp ~/MyDocs/DCIM/201306* qwazix@play.qwazix.com:~/junephotos
^^ real

try typing this with swype
Commutes to normal keyboard and "voila".

scp ~/MyD..... "real" to an audience niche...

Physical keyboard on smartphones is a museum piece..BlackBerry paid high for not having this vision.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
so is camera button yet pressy raised $440K. Don't always trust the fad.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Rogatti View Post
Commutes to normal keyboard and "voila".

scp ~/MyD..... "real" to an audience niche...

Physical keyboard on smartphones is a museum piece..BlackBerry paid high for not having this vision.
BlackBerry fails for its outdated hardware (before BB10), lack of software (BB10), not HW keyboard.

All my partners on business are looking for a HW keyboard equipped device for serious typing. Sometimes while having interesting ideas, or important quick notes to save, trust me no one wants to do with swype or swiftkey.

The main reason for manufacturers not making HW keys equipped models is simply its much easier and cheaper to make touch only devices, they ignore the customers, and the customers do exist.

It is "museum piece" for iPhone fanboys who mainly use the phone to play free cheap games, definitely not for serious business users and hackers, coders..

Typed on my be-loved "museum piece" Nokia N950 with HW keyboard, doubt if I can and want to do the same with swype.

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2013-09-08 at 20:30.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Now on topic: Since the camera lens' API is open, it should be possible to use it on Harmattan and Frementle as well.

(Well, when mounted the HW keyboard can not be opened, another good reason for people believe HW keyboard is dead)

BTW I didn't consider under Nitdroid.

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
BlackBerry fails for its outdated hardware (before BB10), lack of software (BB10), not HW keyboard.

All my partners on business are looking for a HW keyboard equipped device for serious typing. Sometimes while having interesting ideas, or important quick notes to save, trust me no one wants to do with swype or swiftkey.

The main reason for manufacturers not making HW keys equipped models is simply its much easier and cheaper to make touch only devices, they ignore the customers, and the customers do exist.

It is "museum piece" for iPhone fanboys who mainly use the phone to play free cheap games, definitely not for serious business users and hackers, coders..

Typed on my be-loved "museum piece" Nokia N950 with HW keyboard, doubt if I can and want to do the same with swype.
not necessarily:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...-sales-dismal/

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Kids time to go back to reality.... It will not happen.

not necessarily:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...-sales-dismal/
Did you read my post? Did I ever said BB sold well?

Anyway HW keyboard only works better with a slider, not in Q10's type.

There is enough discussion about HW keyboard, and its not related to the topic. I will stop posting this. Whatever you believe I don't care, I know there is a huge demand of QWERTY slider around me, and I'm personally looking forward to the moto droid 5 I wish it could come to reality.

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Did you read my post?
Hardware N9/950 they are already old..cpu..camera..audio are lacking ..museums are not at all..

physical keyboard it is a niche product...sells little.. the numbers prove

If I have to take note of something use a recording program, much more practical.

you took the red pill ?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Hardware N9/950 they are already old..cpu..camera..audio are lacking ..museums are not at all..
I do not get your point here... All the time there is new hardware, of course the HW of N9&N950 is old, the devices were introduced 2 years ago, which means the HW design must have been finalized almost 3 years ago.
Also the HW of N900 is even older, introduced 5 years ago and still people are using it and claim it's the best device ever made.

physical keyboard it is a niche product...sells little.. the numbers prove
I'd say it is not selling well because nobody makes good devices with physical keyboard any more. The models Nokia had always sold well. If there's no suppily, there cannot be any demand...
And what BlackBerry has or does not have is no concern of mine, those always were silly little niche products, available only in the USA, not in the civilized world.

If I have to take note of something use a recording program, much more practical.
People have needs you seem not to understand at all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, jolla, other-half, pureview+++, qx-10, qx100