Notices

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Seems some clever people managed to reverse-engineer the spotify-client and get it platform-independent.

Who'll be the first to come up with a version for our beloved tablets?

http://www.despotify.se/

http://www.spotify.com

Firstly the search function is certainly my friend. Secondly this would be a fantastic application for a device whose first and foremost purpose was web usage. This is some what a bump as I don't have the capabilities to get it working (though I'm going to poke around) and I'd love it if one of you guys who knows what you're doing would have a look at it.

Thanks in advance

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2007 @ a northerner in the south
spotify mentions its poss to run spotify under wine. is it poss to put wine on the nokia 800?
cheers!

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by wavefinder View Post
spotify mentions its poss to run spotify under wine. is it poss to put wine on the nokia 800?
cheers!
This makes no sense because Spotify is a x86-32 application and Nokia 8x0 has an ARM architecture.

As far as Despotify goes, I think they banned the client, cause it doesn't work for me myself and the creators of despotify haven't done anything.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Thats certainly a shame. A mobile device with spotify (if permanently connected to the internet) would be a fantastic mp3 player and certainly worth the subscription. I guess we have to hope they release a linux client.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Despotify is only allowed with a paid account. I actually found a svn revision that would actually compile and I patched it to at least let me get to the main despotify interface and my requests to search were ignored.

Thats good news right? Could it be packaged as a .deb? I reslise it may be slightly dodgy ground legality wise especially if the despotify guys have been shut down.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Despotify is only allowed with a paid account. I actually found a svn revision that would actually compile and I patched it to at least let me get to the main despotify interface and my requests to search were ignored.
So you can still use it even if your say in the US?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Sure, (if you) subscribe to spotify.

Tags
despotify, mmmmm ... hardcase, spotify