Notices

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
No. It's not a joke, it's a qole

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Wow, looks like you made a lot of progress. It would be amazing to have OOo in the N900.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
It clearly says "Open Office" in the title bar. Why do people keep saying it's KOffice?

Yes, Nokia announced an official port of KOffice... this isn't it.

Very very cool, btw!

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
And we've been using OOo for ages in our N8x0s (770 has enough RAM?), thus I don't know why everybody is surprised.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HangLoose View Post
And no KOffice isnt OOo. But at least is another choice.. IMHO OOo might be too heavy and too crowded for a small screen. unless one uses the tv out.
I don't think so. If the UI get just a bit more optimized it can be very usefull:
- possibility of changing the orientation would be good
- fullscreen mode
- icons that are not used very often could be removed (Create PDF)
- put all menus in one single menu and put iconbar next to it

There are a lot ways to improve the UI.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Funny how my screenshots can get reposted, devoid of context, like they're some discovery of a rare species of lemur from the darkest jungles...

I'm pretty close to abandoning the "OOo in Maemo UI" idea. Fremantle has broken GTK+ too badly. The worst breaks happen in the dialogs. Sometimes, there's no way to close a dialog, and there are lots of dialogs with too much on them and no way to get to the extra info...

Any ideas for an alternate compact, finger-friendly Desktop Environment that I can run in display :1?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Funny how my screenshots can get reposted, devoid of context, like they're some discovery of a rare species of lemur from the darkest jungles...

I'm pretty close to abandoning the "OOo in Maemo UI" idea. Fremantle has broken GTK+ too badly. The worst breaks happen in the dialogs. Sometimes, there's no way to close a dialog, and there are lots of dialogs with too much on them and no way to get to the extra info...

Any ideas for an alternate compact, finger-friendly Desktop Environment that I can run in display :1?
LOL, sorry...i found the first screenshot in Wikipedia under Maemo OS and was pretty shocked

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Matchbox Why not? At least we're quite used to that.

Also, I thought there was the possibility of having OOo with QT instead of GTK.

You can't understand how much am I longing for fiddling with OOo on the N900... sigh...

Last edited by debernardis; 2009-10-21 at 16:08.

That’s really good news. Hope to see ooo on the maemo5 downloads soon.

great news! yay for community maemo!

off-topic question: can I use the TV-out to hook up to an lcd projector? maybe with a a/v to vga converter.. this would be great b/c i use the OO Presentation for slideshows and it would be great not to have to take my laptop everywhere.. in fact, this is one of the main reasons i'm looking at buying a n900..